June 2014 Weddings
Options

XP: Wedding date bad luck?

What are your opininons on this?
We picked June 21, 2014 - basically I gave B a couple of dates and that's the one he chose.
I literally just found out that that is the day my parents got married on. Ordinarily I would think that this was good luck, but they divorced when I was two.
However they are still good friends and have a good relationship.

Do you think that this date would be a sign of bad luck because they are divorced?

Re: XP: Wedding date bad luck?

• Options
    Its not bad luck theres no such thing...you create your own luck. Because it happened to your parents doesnt mean its going to happen to you unless you let it.
  • Options
    nope. like chachi said you create your own luck. don't think about it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think so. That's my date too! :)
  • Options
    I have to agree that bad luck doesn't exist, but if it bothers you, and there's no other reason to keep the date, you could change it. 

For a while my FI and I wanted to get married on 4/20/2013 because 4/20 is our 6 month anniversary every year (our real anniversary is 10/20/2006). Then someone pointed out to me that 4/20 is international pot day, as well as Hitler's birthday (I think) and while all my friends said they would never have thought of that on my wedding day, I knew it would end up bugging me, so we decided against it. So really it's up to you and how much you think it might bother you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    I think your wedding is what you make it.  We are planning on Friday June 13 2014.  A bunch of people have commented on it but I think it fits our personality.  If that's the day you want then pick it.  If it is going to bug you then change it.  We all have 2 years to plan our wedding.  I think it will be ok if things change.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think its all about how u feel about it honestly, this post came up because i was looking for the best dates to get married in 2014! To the Chinese calender well its not but really? Who cares its your day!! U make it or break it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards