May 2013 Weddings

Menswear - waiting till March too late?

Is waiting to get the guys suits till March too late? We want linen, but I am being told everywhere that linen suits won't be back in stock till March for the spring/summer season.
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Menswear - waiting till March too late?

• I've never heard that about linen, but I don't know much about menswear.  You may be able to swing it since in most cases it's easier and quicker to have pants and jackets altered than, for example, ordering a dress straight from a designer, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable cutting it that close. My $0.02 isn't very informed, sorry! 
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's a tough call. Normally menswear is not a big deal because its all pretty standard. But linens is quite different. It makes sense that they will not have linen readily available during winter months. I think you can wait until March, but you may need to consider a backup plan like tan suits if the linen falls through.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_menswear-waiting-till-march-too-late?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:0bed22a6-6d08-4d22-bdf8-b4ddf1225ccfPost:09f10221-42dc-46d9-9f1c-a2d4eb78b27d">Re: Menswear - waiting till March too late?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's a tough call. Normally menswear is not a big deal because its all pretty standard. But linens is quite different. It makes sense that they will not have linen readily available during winter months. I think you can wait until March, but you may need to consider a backup plan like tan suits if the linen falls through.
    Posted by MamaBear904[/QUOTE]

I agree with this...
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not sure if linen will be affected by prom, but just keep in mind that April-June is very popular for proms and formals, in addition to weddings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_menswear-waiting-till-march-too-late?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:0bed22a6-6d08-4d22-bdf8-b4ddf1225ccfPost:09f10221-42dc-46d9-9f1c-a2d4eb78b27d">Re: Menswear - waiting till March too late?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's a tough call. Normally menswear is not a big deal because its all pretty standard. But linens is quite different. It makes sense that they will not have linen readily available during winter months. I think you can wait until March, but you may need to consider a backup plan like tan suits if the linen falls through.
    Posted by MamaBear904[/QUOTE]

This exactly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
  • We did the menswear thing the past few days, in hopes they would be slow with the holiday. Most all of the places we went told us as long as the men are measure, we ould make changes up until 2 weeks previous to the event. I would make sure all of your men get measured early, in the instance they can't make it on shorter notice, but March should be just fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards