May 2013 Weddings

When to start booking?

We're planning a May 2013 wedding, but haven't settled on an exact date yet. I'm getting pressure from multiple sources that I need to book a venue ASAP - that the best reception sites are probably already booked. I know it's going to vary location to location... but am I crazy for thinking I still have plenty of time to start planning?

My situation: The church that we want to get married in is the church I grew up attending (Baptized, 1st Communion, Confirmation all there)... I'm not currently registered there as my FI and I only recently moved back to this area. I need to register and log some time there before I ask to have the wedding there (Catholic Church with a relatively strict, by-the-book Father)... so I figure, register now, give it a few months of quality time and attendance, then ask to have the wedding there. The exact date will then be dependent upon what is available, and then from there, we can choose a venue for the reception.

I've had family pressuring me to pick another local church that is more lenient in terms of membership so that I can book the reception site sooner rather than later. I'm thinking I still have plenty of time to book things, so taking the time to try to get married in the church we want is acceptable. But if I am truly behind schedule, I am willing to be flexible...

Any thoughts??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!

Re: When to start booking?

• I was looking around some sites and was shocked by the photographer I want. She's booking 2014 dates already! I'm phoning her tomorrow to see if she's available for my date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards