Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Bridal entrance song

I would love to have Ave Marie as my Bridal Entrance song. But we are not having a church wedding and we are getting married by a friend that is a judge.  We are both catholic and would like to have it as an addition to our ceremony.  I am just worried everyone would think it was weird or inappropriate. What do you girls think?

Re: Bridal entrance song

• I really think that's a beautiful song- but for me it makes me think of being at funerals :( I'm catholic too and for some reason our church seems to only play that song then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's a beautiful song also.  It is played at many weddings, especially those of the Catholic variety.  My daughter had an Episcopal mass for her wedding, and it was sung during the part where they are preparing for the communion. 

You could have it played or sung as a prelude, or during part of the ceremony. 
  • I LOVE Ave Maria ! I am Catholic, and having a ceremony in a non-denominational chapel. There is nothing wrong with having it as your processional song if that is what you want. I have heard it as a processional for a wedding in a church, and in my opinion it doesn't matter if you are in a religious building or not.

Walk into your ceremony to whatever  you want. It's your day. Another thought would be to have it played or sung when the Moms or Grandmothers are seated. It is after all female related.
  • I think its a gorgeous song and it's your wedding :) So my vote is go for it. (Also a catholic here)
  • Do whatever you want. It's pretty and it's your wedding and it's way better than the girl a post down who wants trance for her entrance. 
  • it's a beautiful song!!!!  *I say go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards