May 2013 Weddings

Got my veil today!

I never intended on getting a veil. I had a flower in my hair type of thing in my mind.

But when I went to DB, I tried on one just to see what it was like, and it turns out I like the veil, especially since I can't find a decent jacket to go with the dress. So I have to have one.

The one at DB was $189 (though I was going to get it for $179 with the dress), but alas, I canceled the order.

When I got the dress at Alfred Angelo, they tried on a couple of veils, and whie they were only $50, I really didn't like them.

So, I went online and found the perfect one on Amazon! It was $25.59 with shipping. I just got it today, and I LOVE it. My mom was worried about how the beading was (which really wasn't all that different from the DB one I was going to get), and I think the beading looks beautiful (even better than in the picture).

Link to the veil: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005D5IIMY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I'm really happy and excited :) Sadly I think I feel more happy and excited about the veil than the dress, especially considering I didn't even want a veil in the first place lol

The nice thing is that, even though the dress I bought at Alfred Angelo was $100 more than the one I was going to get at DB, I'm still saving $200. But I'm also not getting the preservation kit either, so that helps too - but the veil makes a nice difference in the price too!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Got my veil today!

• The veil is beautiful! I was same way tried on a veil with my dress an I was sold!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_got-my-veil-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:af153c8a-f7e6-46f1-b9f5-d85269e36815Post:55b90dad-93d6-4520-bb4a-5821e9b468e6">Re:Got my veil today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The veil is beautiful! I was same way tried on a veil with my dress an I was sold!
    Posted by Danny&Mel2003[/QUOTE]

Same here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker MAY 2013 August Siggy HAIR INSPIRATION HAIR ACCESSORY hairinsp hairclip
  • That's pretty and a great deal!
  • Thanks! :)

Since the only thing I don't want FI to see before the wedding is the dress, I had him taking a few pictures so I could send to my mom (her and I were both looking for one - she was the one to find this one!) so she could see how it looked.

FI liked it a lot, so that made me feel better about it. I think it looks better in person. But the price makes me like it even better lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Very pretty!
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards