May 2013 Weddings

Menu tasting and an unexpected gift

We had our menu tasting last night and my parents came with us.
We were surprised at how amazingly well it all went. They gave us what we chose for our menu as well as other choices. I'm still not 100% with our pasta choice but I still have time. We'd orginally decided on a duo of farfalle rose and a cheese raviloi with araibiata sauce, which was nice but they also gave us a penne with pesto and rapini which we loved, but the majority of our guests won't. Any ideas on pasta?
So our menu is as follows:
Soup - minestrone
Pasta - to be determined
Salad - mixed green with cranberries, almonds (no allergies) and a raspberry dressing
Main - Filet mignon, roasted garlic potatoes and a bouquet of asparagus, roasted red & orange peppers wrapped in carrots

Now during our dinner, my parents told us that they would be contributing 1/4 of our budget as their gift to us. We knew they'd be giving us something but never knew what and never expected it to be that big. We are incredibly surprised and grateful. Not only are they doing that but when we were talking about our honeymoon (Disney with the kids in July) they offered to watch them for us the ENTIRE weekend the weekend after the wedding!

178 more days!!!!
May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest

Re: Menu tasting and an unexpected gift

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards