Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

To thin!

I have really thin and fine hair, but I want to do my hair like this. Has anyone with really fine and thin hair done this do before? I thought about just getting extensions for just the wedding only, but would rather not if I didn't (Had really bad experience with them)Any suggestions?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: To thin!

• Have you thought of clip on extensions?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_hair-411-pantene_to-thin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:f05386ae-e822-4076-916f-0d897a736679Discussion:1b5c100b-11a9-4c49-8c59-140a1e3a7405Post:5e7422bf-b682-44ef-99b9-b94ad66c6e6f">Re:To thin!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Have you thought of clip on extensions?
    </strong>Posted by renjon7798[/QUOTE]

I've thought about it, but didn't know if they really hold in place like the others.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm a hairstylist and it being prom season I've been doing a lot of updos lately. This one girl came in with clip in extensions and I curled them and her hair and put them in for her. They felt loose so I used Bobbi pins to lock them in and styled her hair similar to your picture and made sure non of the clips showed. She face booked me telling me that her hair looked great all night and they never loosened or fell out. She danced all night long too. I'm all about clip I'm extensions bc you can reuse them too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_hair-411-pantene_to-thin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:f05386ae-e822-4076-916f-0d897a736679Discussion:1b5c100b-11a9-4c49-8c59-140a1e3a7405Post:a7e1ca8e-66e7-4758-af7f-6ce6d285b430">Re: To thin!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a hairstylist and it being prom season I've been doing a lot of updos lately. This one girl came in with clip in extensions and I curled them and her hair and put them in for her. <strong>They felt loose so I used Bobbi pins to lock them in and styled her hair similar to your picture and made sure non of the clips showed.</strong> She face booked me telling me that her hair looked great all night and they never loosened or fell out. She danced all night long too. <strong>I'm all about clip I'm extensions bc you can reuse them too.
    </strong>Posted by samantha24p[/QUOTE]
    Well I never thought about those! Guess I could try them in my trial and see how I like them, if I don't like how it feels I can just changed my hair style to something more suitable! I am going to try them see how I like them :) Thanks!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have extremely fine and thin hair, and I found a great set of clip in's that hold in my hair extremely well. They're from a company called Foxy Locks, based out of the UK. It's Remy virgin human hair, and they're amazingggg. Add tons of volume to my hair, great for updo's, I can't live without them. They're also really affordable, for a regular thickness set (which is perfect for people with fine hair), I think it was just over $100 including shipping, and they got here in like 3 days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_hair-411-pantene_to-thin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:f05386ae-e822-4076-916f-0d897a736679Discussion:1b5c100b-11a9-4c49-8c59-140a1e3a7405Post:2480c4f5-b40b-4d6a-aa26-65f2e0a55530">Re: To thin!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have extremely fine and thin hair, and I found a great set of clip in's that hold in my hair extremely well. They're from a company called Foxy Locks, based out of the UK. It's Remy virgin human hair, and they're amazingggg. Add tons of volume to my hair, great for updo's, I can't live without them. They're also really affordable, for a regular thickness set (which is perfect for people with fine hair), I think it was just over $100 including shipping, and they got here in like 3 days.
    Posted by yellowrose314[/QUOTE]
    Wow really?! I'll look them up and see what I can fine!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • If you have access to an Ulta Beauty store or something like that, they sell some clip in extensions that look really high-quality.  Might be worth a shot!  They seem to come in a lot of colors too!  If you try it, let us know how they look!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards