Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Up-lighting?

Where can I find somewhere(pref cheap) to rent uplighting? Is anyone else using this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Up-lighting?

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's cheap?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mgcobertmgcobert member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really have anything to compare it to. I was hoping someone who researched it already would know a place that was reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Check out the Vendor Poll thread about halfway down the page.  It seems like a a lot of brides are using natural light/nothign extra.  However, some people noted the vendor they are using for lighting.

In my research a lot of DJs also provide uplighting (possibly at an additional cost) when you purchase their services.

Maybe check the rec vendor list too?

HTH!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We all have different definitions of "cheap" and "reasonable". It's unlikely that we have the same definition. Do you have an amount of money in mind you want to spend?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing up-lighting. The guy we booked also does DJ/lighting servies as pp have mentioned. Like others have said im not sure what is cheap to you but I found him to be very reasonable. I am really excited about the added effect he will bring to the wedding. PM if you would like his info.
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't booked your DJ yet, I'd do as pp suggested and find a DJ uplighting combo.  I think Jodi Colella, Bill Bara, and Craig Lawrence (Red Hot Chameleon) offer these.

ADS lighting is apparently reasonable, but highly unreliable - brides have said sometimes he just doesnt show up.
  • mgcobertmgcobert member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yoc2295yoc2295 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whatever you do DO NOT hire ADS Lighting!!!!!! This man showed up 3 hours late to my wedding, brought the wrong colored light gels, and was extremely rude to my family! He looked like a slob with old stained clothing and his gut hanging out! He also tried charging us $200 more than agreed upon! He doesn't work with "contracts" which is his way of being able to charge you whatever he wants or just plain not show up! On top of all of that, 2 lights burned out before the reception even started! It was an embarrassment that I had guests coming in when he was still setting up lighting! RUN! RUN! RUN!!!!!!! Please do yourself a favor and find ANYONE else and learn from my horrible mistake. I am not a complainer. All of my vendors were absolutely fantastic BUT him.  If you book him, he may not even show up like other brides have said. I would have rathered him have not showed up than me end up having to pay him $500 for crap work and a crook.  
  • Check us out at http://www.ModernEraWeddings.com <--DJ Bill Bara
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards