Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Allergic to Mascara/Eye Makeup

Hi ladies,
I am highly allergic to mascara and eye make-up makes my eyes water like crazy. Do any of you know any alternatives that give the same effect but won't kill my eyes? I was thinking about getting fake lashes instead of using mascara, but I'm not sure what I can do to keep the eye shadow out of my eyes.
Thanks!

Re: Allergic to Mascara/Eye Makeup

• Check the ingredients. I also second Bare Minerals. It looks and feels good on. I am not a foundation girl but their mineral podwer stuff is great.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bare Minerals is great BUT I would check with a doctor first to see what allergies you have - do you know what ingredient you react to??

You could also get eyelash extensions. They are about 250/eye and you dont wear mascara with them - lots of local spas will do that.
  • My eyes react badly to Almay and Revlon make-up, and it took me a few years to discover it... when I switched to L'oreal, magically it all went away.  Try switching to a few different brands.  Have you tried Clinique?  Stop by the make-up counter and get them to do your eyes and see if you have any reactions later on that day... you might find that simply changing to another brand you hadn't considered may help clear it up.

Liquid eye shadows might also be a good options, so that the powder wouldn't fall off into your eyes.  Several drug store brands as well as department store brands now carry liquid eye shadows.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • MyrahDMyrahD member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Check out Almay's eye makeup.  They have ones specifically labeled "hypoallergenic."  Do a test (like maybe on your hand?) to see if it bothers you first and if it does, you can always take it back for a refund (most drugstores let you take back even opened makeup).  Hypoallergenic doesn't necessarily mean "non-allergenic," but it might work. 

Also, fake lashes may not be an option because you might be allergic to the glue. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards