Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

3rd trial is a charm ;)

So excited I had to share :)

I'm not getting married until Sept, but having looked at hundreds of hair pictures over the past few months, and could not figure out what to do with my hair.  My ears have to be hidden (very self conscious about them as they stick out so much), I'm not comfortable with my hair up, many pictures only show the back (who cares, I want to look great in the front!), and I really just couldn't see any of the styles on ME.

So I had my regular hair person give it a go, it wasn't going to work and she can't deal with my needing it to be perfect (hello, it's my wedding!) so I immediately decided she was not doing my hair for the wedding.  I then went to someone who was recommended by a high end bridal store by my house (too high end for me to buy a gown there ;).  She spent 2.5 hrs (and was going to spend more next week) and none of her suggestions were good.  Her makeup person did a terrible job on me too, I know not to ever do airbrushing again!

So I just went to a woman around the corner from my house, recommended by a friend.  It only took her 40 mins to do my hair (I'm used to 2-2.5 hrs!) and it couldn't be more perfect.  Very different from what I'm used to, and I would have never thought to ask her to do my hair this way, but it looks great and perfectly matches the style of our wedding and my dress.  She does makeup too and didn't have time for a trial today, but we will do next Friday.  I'm confident that she'll be good as I love the makeup she wears, and her first comment when I told her about the airbrushing is that she'd never recommended that much makeup for me.  Yea!!

Re: 3rd trial is a charm ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards