Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

How Many Stylists Did You Have?

I have 5 bridesmaids, myself, my mom, FI's mom and possibly my grandmother (who will probably just need some minor perm touch-ups) all wanting to have their hair done. We will all be getting ready together and stylist is coming to the venue to do hair. For the bridesmaids we are doing a simple updo to go with their one-shoulder dresses. Mine will be half up and half down. Not sure yet about my mom and FI's mom. Stylist thinks that it won't be a problem to get everyone's hair done (pictures starting at around 2:30 or 3 and ceremony at 5) but I'm worried that we will wish we had another stylist there. Opinions/personal experiences?

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How Many Stylists Did You Have?

• Options
    Hello,
    I am in a similar situation - I have 7 bridesmaids myself and my mom, and I booked a main stylist and a secondary stylist. I was worried about relying on one person to get through that many hairdos... Also I didn't want to stress out while all the bridesmaids are sitting there waiting, and I wanted the main stylist to be able to focus on my hairstyle first to make sure that I am comfortable. I would definitely suggest at least having a styling assistant - so that they can work together and get done quicker. For example, one of them could be curling or straightening girls' hair for an updo while the other one is working on the actual style for another girl.

I had my hair trial this weekend and was happy with my decision, since it took about an hour and a half for her to do my hair alone! It always takes longer than you think. Hope this helps and good luck on your big day!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards