Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hair and Makeup tip question

I am having a few hairdressers and a makeup artist come to the hotel to do hair and makeup for myself and my bridesmaids. This is not through a salon so they will be paid directly. Do you normally tip on top of the cost since it goes directly into their pocket? A few of my bridesmaids have asked and Im not sure what is proper.

Re: Hair and Makeup tip question

• Options
    It should really be up to you and them but consider a few things first. Since it's on the side, the money doesn't go directly to a salon. However, the do need to pay for foils, color and makeup. I would suggest tipping. Hope this helps. Smile
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • Options
    yes it is much more work to do hair outside the salon, so tipping is a deff!! hair and makeup for brides is very streeful they want it to be perfect for brides and maids. Smile
  • Options
    I would tip. Hair stylists do hair for the love of doing hair. They do not get health benefits, paid time off, etc.
    -Jenn
    Handmade, One-of-a-kind, Custom Bridal Accessories
    lovedpieces.etsy.com
    facebook.com/lovedpieces
  • Options
    I am a hair stylist/makeup artist, and yes, please tip! the initial charge is  to cover the materials, time, and labor. You don't have to give a huge tip, 10% is enough
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards