May 2012 Weddings

vineyard12: question for you!

I saw in the post below that you are making starfish aisle markers. Are they something like this?

Pinned Image

I want to do something like this for our wedding, but with sand dollars and I'm wondering how yours are turning out. Are they difficult to make? Any tips?
imageimage
Missing Our July Sparkler
BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]

Re: vineyard12: question for you!

• I am making ones like these but added a ribbon to them (sorry, I don't have a picture of the ones I've made):

They are actually very easy to make. Whatever you want to use to hang them, raffia or rope, I make a loop and tie with some raffia. Since I am using starfish, I take some raffia and wrap it around one point and raffia several times and knot it in the back.

If you are using sand dollars I'd suggest using a couple per marker, like 3 because odd numbers look better. You could glue them together in a staggered fashion. I have to think of how you would attach them to the ribbon or rope. Maybe glue a piece of ribbon to the back and then tie them onto your ribbon or rope.

Hope this helps! I'd love to see what you come up with!
  • Thanks for the tips! I'm hoping to get working on these in the next couple of weeks so I will let you know how it goes! :)
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards