Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Help! Need places to take pictures in case it rains! Heinz Chapel Wedding 4/6

Hi everyone,

My wedding is in 3 weeks and our limo company wants the plan on where they are taking us for pictures. I had everything set up ( Soldiers and Sailors, Hot Metal Bridge and Mt Washington)  but didnt think of what to do if it rained. Where are some nices places to take pictures around the Pitt area ( between Heinz Chapel and Moon Township where the reception is)?

Thank you in advance for your help! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help! Need places to take pictures in case it rains! Heinz Chapel Wedding 4/6

• Will the Carnegie Museum let you take pictures inside, even if you are not having your reception there?  It might be worth looking into.

I would also check the Frick Museums and Phipp's.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_help-need-places-to-take-pictures-in-case-it-rains-heinz-chapel-wedding-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:1bca7ead-69d2-4b59-81a2-9d29f9a3a16dPost:0e85068c-e40a-4f97-8604-3a2b555a266c">Re: Help! Need places to take pictures in case it rains! Heinz Chapel Wedding 4/6</a>:
    [QUOTE]Will the Carnegie Museum let you take pictures inside, even if you are not having your reception there?  It might be worth looking into. I would also check the Frick Museums and Phipp's.
    Posted by cmsciulli[/QUOTE]

<div>You can use the museum if you pay admission for you, your wedding party, and photographers!</div>
  • I'm not sure what the rules are, but the covered rotunda outside of the Pennsylvanian is really really pretty. 
  • There are some large, covered columns outside a building on the CMU campus that people use for pictures. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_help-need-places-to-take-pictures-in-case-it-rains-heinz-chapel-wedding-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:1bca7ead-69d2-4b59-81a2-9d29f9a3a16dPost:44c42de6-1867-4013-a6d6-bdebe8908ee4">Re: Help! Need places to take pictures in case it rains! Heinz Chapel Wedding 4/6</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are some large, covered columns outside a building on the CMU campus that people use for pictures. 
    Posted by csuave[/QUOTE]

That's the Mellon Institute, right across from Heinz Chapel.  It makes for lovely photos.

I will get a few shots there because I was a researcher at MI and FI worked on his Ph.D in that building.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards