May 2012 Weddings
Options

He picked the wrong groomsman :(

So I need some advice. My FI chose all of his groomsmen RIGHT AWAY! He had them picked before he even proposed. Three are family and one is his BFF so that's cool. The other one he picked because the guy is newly engaged and ask FI to be his best man. So, he felt bad not even asking the guy to be in the wedding party if FI was going to be his best man. Do you follow?

So, long story short, guy goes and ELOPES! No biggie...however he didn't even tell FI...FI finds out on FACEBOOK. I'm ticked off because wtf is this guy in our wedding party for...he's not that close of a friend to either of us. I guess i have to let it go, but I would love for FI to be able to tell him "you know, things changed and blah blah blah...." I don't know. What are your thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: He picked the wrong groomsman :(

• Options
    I would let it go, I think. I'd feel awful if I were the GM to be tossed and I wouldn't feel great if I were the replacement, either. KWIM?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sadly, I agree that youre probably just gonna have to let this one go.  I'd feel the same way if I were in your shoes though.
  • Options
    I would talk to your fiance about it.  Being a best man does NOT obligate you to ask that person to be in your wedding, especially since the circumstances have changed.  I think it would be appropriate for your fiance to voice his feeling to this guy and explain the situation.  If your fiance truly wants this man to be in your wedding, I think you're just going to have to grin and bear it, especially since the groomsmen are his choice.  With everything else we get to plan and take charge of, I think it's one thing you can let him handle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards