May 2012 Weddings

House- Update UGH

SON OF A B*TCH!!!!!!!!!
Our offer was accepted yesterday by the seller, we schedule the engineer for tonight as he was not available last night.
This morning, another couple out offered us...and now it looks like we are going to lose the house. WTF! I hate these games. the Sellers agent SHOULD have told the new offer that there was an offer accepted already and that their offer was to be put on the back burner in case we had an issue and the sale fell through. But instead, her sellers accepted their offer and left us assed out.
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?  Im not getting in to a bid war for a house which i dont feel is worth asking. But how could a real estate agent let this happen?
i hate home buying i really do.
now it looks like we are back and square 1 all over again. im so upset and annoyed.

Re: House- Update UGH

• omg thats terrible!!! so sorry that you have to start this process all over again!
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • so, I just went through that same process. ours didn't end very nicely...but that's whatever. 

if the seller formally accepted your offer, they shouldn't be allowed to accept a new offer...at least that's how it is in NC. did you ask your real estate agent? cause that's insane!!

i wish you good luck! our contract fell through the day before closing :(
    imageAnniversary
  • I am so sorry!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • uusally they are not allowed to accept other offers unless you are the reason it falls through once its accepted? Did you sign something that gave them rights to entertain offers? or that you only had 1 day to get an engineer in?

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I would ask your agent about that I have always heard that once an offer is accepted they can not accept anything else.
  • i thought this too...our paperwork was already also signed. but ...because we are not in contract, they CAN legally accept other offers. its the agents resposibility though to entertain the first offer made and accepted and let the others know their offers would be on the back burner IF something does not go through. we got the engineer in quick to avoid the counter offer out bidding us because once the engineers report is sent to the lawyer and the contract is drawn, all other offers are pending and can not be entertained until we get a declination from the bank that we cant get the house. we already have our pre-approval and a good 20% downpayment. my credit score is in the 800s. so there is literally NO WAY we would not be accepted for a mortgage unless of course the appraisal comes back for way less at whcih point the selling price drops to that amount regardless of our offer and we pay that.  Thats the only thing that can delay us from getting in there quicker.

Im just really burnt out. between this sh*T and the wedding....i am ready to lose my mind.
  • Ugh horrible...so sorry...hang I there...just think something must be better for you!
  • That is so odd.  Is the inspection required before the house is under contract?  I know down here, you make an offer, and if they accept it, they sign the contract right then.  The inspection comes soon after, but you are already under contract.  We are under contract right now, but no inspection has been scheduled yet.

Sorry :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Up here before the contract can be signed the inspection has to get done. If something is wrong with the house the seller has to fix it before the contract is signed unless its as is
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards