May 2012 Weddings
Options

Anyone else taking a late Honeymoon?

We had a small destination wedding (within driving distance) and our friends and family all stayed with us for the week. Because H couldn't take off more time from work, we decided we would wait on the actual Honeymoon. 
So, I booked it last night :) We're going to the Dominican Republic for 5 days in November for our honeymoon/ 6 month anniversary! I can't wait! 
Anyone else still waiting for their honeymoon? 

Re: Anyone else taking a late Honeymoon?

• Options
    We did not go on a HM, not sure when we will be able to... maybe closer to our 1 year anniversary.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    we arent going until after we get settled in to our house
  • Options
    We're living in a week--so about a month. I am so glad we did.
    newimagesize Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    whoops--that was suppose to be "leaving"
    newimagesize Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    Yep! We haven't booked it or made any set plans, but we had no time or money to take one because we had to move right after the wedding to start our jobs. We're thinking some time during the winter holidays when we already have some time off. 
  • Options
    We leave August 1st for Puerto Rico. I'm glad we waited but I'm so excited to go..I wish it would hurry up and get here. Im so ready for vacation
    Photobucket
  • Options
    We're also going in August. We'll be going to Europe. I'm so excited!
  • Options
    We are leaving 6/27 for Southern California. Can't wait!
  • Options
    We are leaving this Sunday for Colorado. So, we waited a month. We wanted to go in July to go to France and follow the Tour de France, but it was too expensive for what we wanted to do. I am glad we didn't go right away, though.
  • Options
    Yea!! Our Honeymoon isnt until October! We're going to Sandals in the Bahamas!
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • Options
    We reversed it! My grandfather in New Zealand is sick so we flew down there over the Christmas holidays.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Due to vacation time challenges - and also taking weather into consideration, we planned a honeymoon in September.  Booked our flights in the week after our wedding, now we have 3 months to research our destination and look forward to the time.

For us, I think this has worked out better than going right away.  We did stay at a rental condo for 2 nights immediately after the wedding, but there were so many things to clean up that I would not have been able to sanely leave on a trip at that time.
  • Options
    Yea, we're students, in class this May-August, but we usually get about 3 weeks off in August, so we were planning on doing a delayed honeymoon then.  We're also in a co-op program,  and the coops USUALLY start september 1... but in the interview for the only job where H and I could be together, the interviewer asked, "so, the exam period ends on the 10th, can you start on monday, the thirteenth?" I said "we were going to go on our honeymoon then (they knew we were getting married, H worked there last coop), but yes, we'll do it.".. it was a hard sentence to say.. bye bye summer vacation, let alone honeymoon:P

so now we're gonig to wait a year, and do a "honeymoon"/one year anni/grauation trip all in one, and I won't feel as guilty about spending the money!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I should add, H surprised me with an AWESOME trip to Niagara Falls (hotel room with a full glass wall overlooking the falls) for the two nights after our wedding until we got up and booked it to class on Monday morning :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Between lack of funds and annual leave time, we'll be waiting for ours. We've made sure to do lots of fun activities in the mean time (massages, dinners, beach days) and will be taking lots of 1 to 3 night trips (going to Atlantic City next week). I think we'll probably go for a week long honeymoon on our 1yr anniversary. I'm actually glad we have to wait, it gives us something new to look forward to after our wedding high has gone down (and it still has not gone).
  • Options
    Yep.  We are going to Greece in September for about 2 weeks.  With my work schedule, I couldn't take all the time needed for the wedding and then a HM too, so we decided to go just after peak season but before it turns cold.  Cannot wait for it to get here!!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    We leave for our cruise August 5th! H is a substitute teacher and it would've been difficult to lose that income for the week following the wedding. Plus, I just started my nursing externship, which doesn't end until August 3rd...by the time we get there, the honeymoon will be a well deserved vacation!
  • Options
    We leave in a week and half, so close to month delay, for Jamaica (can't wait)!!  H is a an assistant principal so we had to wait until the school year was wrapped up.  We also had family from England who made our wedding a vacation trip, so the delayed honeymoon gave us time to hang out with them.
  • Options
    We are too! We're going to the Maldives in October - SO excited, but it does seem so far away for now...
  • Options
    LBug24LBug24 member
    First Comment
    I'm a teacher so we couldn't take the time off right after the wedding...
    but we leave in 2 weeks! So it's about a month and a half after the wedding.. it's kept us with somehting to look forward to :)

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards