May 2012 Weddings
Options

ALmost to the finish line

Hey ladies, been MIA...working my tushy off to get the wedding paid for.
Anyway, I am at my finish line with paying for things...well almost. To me ive come so far and this seems to only be a fraction of what we budgeted left to pay so I feel confident we will be done by December so we can focus on buying our house.

I just paid off the DJ and Photographer yesterday. My videographer is already paid up in full. I currently only have the florist left to pay and the remainder of my venue which is not a lot. About to make another $1500 payment which will put my venue total payments at 13K. I am speculating that i will still owe around 5 grand more before the wedding on the venue if 150 guests show up. I think the total was right around 18K with tax and service fees etc. I only had to guarantee 100 so Ive paid that up and now its just a matter of getting invites out and seeing who RSVPs. We have 204 invited and i budgeted for 150 since a lot of people said they probably couldnt make it. But i think about 180 may show up...so I am a little nervous because then that means more table arrangements, favors, etc. which werent originally in my budget.

Ive been working insane amounts of hours lately. Today will be 20 hrs when i am done. But last weeks check was awesome and i managed to get a lot done.
Just bought all the tulle and white lights. Added some uplighting and extra speakers to our dining area at the aquarium. The one thing that sucks about my venue is that there are 2 rooms to light and decorate...where most receptions are just 1. There is the "Shark Room" which is a big open dance floor area with bar..and then the actual eating area with the fish tanks in the walls. Needless to say, the cost of lighting the place with the big DJ Set up was 5 grand in and of itself. I still think all in all we fell below our 30K budget so i am happy with that.
of course there is still over 7 months to go and i keep making endless trips to Michaels.  UGH!

Anyway, how did you all take care of the "What if they show up" people on your invite list. Did you budget for a certain amount but invite more and hope they dont show...or did you budget for your total. Because i did originally have a much smaller list when i set our original budget. that has since upped itself by 50.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards