May 2012 Weddings

Momentary Panic

I sent a deposit check to my florist a few weeks ago, and realized they still hadn't cashed it, so I tried to give them a call today.

The number was out of service.

Ummm...  Maybe I dialed wrong? 

Nope.  Out of service.

I went online and filled out their contact me form, and asked them to, well, contact me.  And then I called the coordinator at my venue, and asked if she had heard anything about the shop having problems or anything.

The coordinator got in her car and drove over to the shop.  And THANKFULLY they were just having phone problems.  So, they called me once the phone was fixed, and all is well.

But for a while there I was really thinking I'd have to go pick wild flowers...
Anniversary

Re: Momentary Panic

• Temporary nightmare!  I’m glad it worked out!!

• Holy crap, thank goodness!!!!!  Glad it worked out.  I would have beeing having a panic attack, too!
    Anniversary
  • I am so glad that worked out! I was getting nervous reading....:-(
  • Wow, glad that all got sorted out :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was nervous at the begining of your post! Glad it worked out!
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    omg, that definitely would have made me nervous too!  Glad it worked out! :)
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_momentary-panic?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:7e7772b1-303c-4bb2-a2b7-e5647b909e1aPost:5282fb7f-39de-4491-bcd3-0bdb41eb34ce">Re: Momentary Panic</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was nervous at the begining of your post! Glad it worked out!
    Posted by vineyard12[/QUOTE]

hahaha THIS!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Flowers are such a pain! I just checked in with my florist and my white roses had come in as yellow! They are reordering but I'm worried.
    Anniversary
  • She's been totallly flaky since our first meeting, but came recommended from our venue...   

I think the only reason I didn't really stress too much is because we are only having them do the bouquets, bouts, etc...  No flowers in our centerpieces, and no extraneous floral decorations...  It wouldn't have ruined the wedding if I didn't have a bouquet- obviously I would prefer to have one, but in the grand scheme of things, I think it would have worked out fine, anyway... but I did have a moment of eekness.  :)

Of course this story had people at work telling all of their 'my venue went out of business after our invites went out' and 'my wife's dress maker accidently ran herself over 2 days after my wife picked up her dress!' stories.  

Do you have people telling you stories all the time, too?  
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards