Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Venting...

So....I am getting married this Saturday and today is my last day of work before I am off for vacation.  Does anyone else get comments made to them about getting married? I keep getting comments like "oh..your're getting married? I am sorry.."  My fiance gets comments too... Some lady at his work screamed really loud that everyone only has a few days to flirt with him..... 

Re: Venting...

• Options
    yuengling58yuengling58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep - people like that have no tact and are probably either trying to be funny or are miserable in their marriage.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yikes, I never had anyone say that to me! Don't let them bother you- just try to shrug it off and focus on your upcoming wedding. They're probably just envious and/or bitter. Yay for your last day of work!

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had this every so often.  I usually respond with something super sarcastic like "wow, thanks for the good wishes."  Some people are rude and/or think they're funnier than they are.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my boss would say stuff like that to me days leading up to my wedding.  He's also divorced and at that time in a very miserable relationship.  I usually just ignored him knowing that he was trying to be funny. 
    image Ivory
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Someone said something similar to me upon learning I had gotten engaged. Granted, he is a SUPER nice guy, who is (I think) happily married with two kids...but I'm pretty sure he said something along the lines of "Are you crazy? Don't ever get married, worst thing you could do." I was like oh thanks for the congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I've had people say similar things and I usually laugh them off or just kinda ignore it b/c all that matters is that you and your FI are happy!  Yay for getting married this weekend!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards