May 2012 Weddings
Options

Chairs without covers, just sashes?

Is anyone thinking about their chairs and whether they are getting chair covers or not? Since they are expensive, and I'd rather spend the money on something more important, would you guys put just sashes on these chairs, or not? The green in the chair doesn't match my wedding. Do you think black or gray sashes would look good on them, or tacky? Thanks for all opinions!

Re: Chairs without covers, just sashes?

• Options
    Honestly, I think that might look tacky. If the chair color matched your colors, it wouldn't be so bad. I think I would rather spend money on the chair covers or renting a different colored chair. Or renting these because they always look nice. But I know how hard it can be with a budget. :( Good luck!
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm with ke, tacky. I'm playing with this idea right now. Our venue recs www.tableclothsfactory.com to buy chair covers. This site is cheaper than renting, at least in my area. We're also thinking about renting Chiavari chairs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Even if it looks a little tacky, it's a good idea of a place to cut costs, because I don't think anyone will really care if you have covers or not.  Maybe try to make sure the sash covers the handle at the top of the chair, or just no sashes at all so it doesn't look like you're trying to hide something.  
  • Options
    Thanks for all of your input. I will either go for full chair covers, or none.
  • Options
    I've seen a few knotties on here mention dressmychair.com. I haven't really looked into them but from what I've heard they are on the cheaper side.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am getting married in May 2012 as well. My venue has the same exact chairs and I actually was seeking out opinions from my friends on doing bows or sashes on "reception chairs" vereses folding chairs (what you usually see on the knot with just sashes). I came to the conclusion for myself that I am going to focus on other decorating to save on the cost. I think if the room is decorated right, people won't notice that there isn't seat covers (ex, I am going to use the paper Chinese Lanterns for the ceiling). I hope that this helps!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards