May 2012 Weddings

**klw0022**

Running update =)

This weekend I talked to an athletic trainer at my FI's work and he asked me questions and checked out my knee and ankle. He said I'm probably just sore because of my running form and high arches. I got new insoles and ran two miles yesterday. I had to take a couple of walk breaks but overall it was really good and I have no more pain in my knee or ankle today, yay!

The athletic trainer seems to think that even though the 15K is 5 weeks away, that I can still do it. I'm nervous! I missed a couple of weeks of training. I'm going to see how this week goes and if I survive the 6 mile run this weekend, then I'll register for the 15K! If not, I'll go for the 5+3K.....I want the 15K though! 

I am going to look at Jeff Galloway's walk/run method since I think that's the best thing for me to do right now. 
Photobucket

Re: **klw0022**

• Glad to hear the positive update!

yeah, insoles made a world of difference for me too since I have flat flintstone feet and the Asics I had, had no cushion or give in the heel or ball area.

Even if you do the 8k it'll be awesome! If I can survive the 6 I did this weekend you'll do good! Let me know how it goes!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards