May 2012 Weddings

HM

Is anyone else traveling to the Caribbean for their HM after their May wedding? I am having trouble finding an island that will be warm and sunny during this time... a lot of the islands experience rain season during May...

Any ideas?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: HM

• We are taking a cruise but we decided to go farther south than the Caribbean. I'm excited :)
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you been to the Caribbean before? Really, any time from May-October is the rainy season. Frommer's (clicky) has some good info on weather for the respective islands. The Weather Channel (clicky) also has a tool which lets you see the average rainfalls for the different islands. I looked at it real fast, and it seems like the difference from April-May for most places is usually an inch or so. This (clicky) is a really good chart as well.

If you've never been, it rains a lot, regardless of the season. I've been a few times and even though it might rain everyday, it's not a torrential downpour for multiple hours. It might rain for an hour in the afternoon and then it's sunny again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the info!

I have been to the Dominican Republic, the Bahamas, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos and St. Lucia but I was there during the last two weeks of April, and it hardly rained on any of those trips. But if the difference during the rainy season is 20 mins of rain each day that I can live with.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Seriously, it's legitamately 20 minutes. I think one day when I was in Jamaica it rained for an hour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are planning on going to the caribbean, not exactly sure where yet, but we are going in December so that we really enjoy it since were from MN and it will be freezing here at that time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards