Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

A more formal hello!

I finally decided to read some of the standard "rules" posts and realized that I never gave my introduction!  OOPS:)  So here we go...my name is Carly and I became engaged to David on 7/15/2010.  We're planning our wedding from a distance, as we live in Fairfax, VA.  I'll admit that I've had an account with The Knot for quite some time longer than the engagement knowing that it was eventually coming and I'm so happy to finally be putting this site to good use:) 

David and I met in the spring of 2009 in Washington DC on a blind date, but as coincidence would have it, we're both from the Pittsburgh area!  I was actually planning on moving back home and actively searching for jobs, but I knew something was special from the time I saw him riding up the escalator in Metro Center;) Within 4 or so months, we just knew that we were meant to be together and then began the big ring search in the fall.  I'll never forget calling my mom to tell her that we went shopping for rings - she passed the phone off to my older sister and claimed to be choking, but what she was trying to hide is that she was really "choking up".  I ended up being involved in the entire process, even up to the point of him taking me into the city after work with a bulging square box in his pocket:)  And I probably shouldn't admit this, but when he first started to propose, we were by an unlit pond with bugs flying everywhere, so I stopped him and made him take me back to the spot where we spent our first date gazing at one another (I know, I know - I'm a bit too much of a planner but I guess that's just us anyways!).   

Here we are now, 2 1/2 months later, and we are sending in our contract this week to have our reception at the Twentieth Century Club on 9/24/11! 

I'm really excited to be on here and find so many comments and suggestions useful!  I'm also looking forward to getting to know all of you through this year of planning and beyond!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: A more formal hello!

• ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Carly! Welcome and congratulations! The next year will fly by, happy planning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Carly!! Congratulations and welcome! Your proposal story was sweet - hehe - SO funny you made him stop! lol... anyway there are many of us on here that are planning from OOT! It's a bit difficult at times, but not too bad. I can't wait to hear more about your wedding as the details unfold!!! Again, welcome and happy planning!! :)
  • Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Congratulations!  My little brother lived in Fairfax (he went to GMU) and I used to live in DC for school.  I miss living down there.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011

Congrats and welcome! My DH and I live in Alexandria. Smile As a regular metro rider, I appreciate your detail of seeing your FI at Metro Center at first.

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!  I'm also planning from OOT, and FI lives in Arlington, VA.  I'm also considering Twentieth Century Club!  Hope to hear more wedding details soon.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you, everyone! Let the planning continue! And I will certainly be writing updates on the progress:) It's such a great feeling to check things off of the list!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards