Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Venue coordinator apparently changed?

Hi guys. So we've got some time before our wedding, but have already booked our venue. Today, I was on their website looking at something and apparently the coordinator (who we loved and had already made some special arrangements with) has left and there's a new one in place. Is there something I should be doing? I'm a little concerned just because we had a working relationship with this person and now there's an unknown. Sorry, just needed to vent a little!
Married since May 12, 2012

Re: Venue coordinator apparently changed?

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd probably call/email and find out what's going on. What venue is it?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This happened to me about halfway through my planning, but they did let us know that the coordinator was changing over, and she e-mailed me to introduce herself once she got settled.  I would get in touch and see if the new coordinator had a chance to discuss details with the last one, and try to get things straightened out.  Ours was a pretty smooth transition, just a few things that needed to be sorted out, so hopefully yours won't be bad either.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys. We're getting married at the Aviary, panther. Yea, I thought it was a little weird that we didn't hear anything about the change, but I guess (obviously) this isn't your traditional wedding venue. I sent her an email asking to confirm our information/schedule/et cetera so we'll see what happens!
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...Nunu had her wedding there, I bet you could contact her if you have any problems.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Flowerstar, you can contact me. Someone should have been in touch with you already. None of your details will fall through.

The coordinator, Aimee, was my close friend. There is a new person starting March 7, but I can talk through any details with you in the meantime.

I'll PM you my email.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • edited December 2011
    The same thing happened to me, I emailed over the weekend to ask a few questions and I got an autoresponse that Aimee no longer worked there.  I've been trying to decide whether or not I should be freaked out.  I also thought it was a little weird that  no one contacted us.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey MellyMel. Nunu was very helpful in setting my mind at ease. But yea, I agree with you. It would have been nice to be contacted (even just a quick two line email), especially in your case since you're so close! Did anyone get back to you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards