May 2012 Weddings

Let's get to know each other! May 2012 Knottie Info

Re: Let's get to know each other! May 2012 Knottie Info

• Your/FI Name: Aleigh and Erik
    Your/FI Age: I'm 20, he'll be 23 next week. 
    Where You Live: North Carolina
    What You/FI Do: I work at an after school, he works at a bakery. We're also both students.
    Wedding Date: May 19
    Wedding Location: Our university's Alumni House
    Wedding Colors: Blue, Black, Silver 
    Favorite check so far: The only major check we've done is venue, so I guess that.
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I can never think of something for this. I guess I'm boring haha
  • Your/FI Name: Lanetta/Alexis
    Your/FI Age:  29/27
    Where You Live: Detroit, MI
    What You/FI Do: PR/Distribution
    Wedding Date: May 27, 2012
    Wedding Location: Clarkston, MI
    Wedding Colors:  Silver/White,Ivory/Pale Pink
    Favorite check so far: My venue and my dress!
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I'm a twin!

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your/FI Name: Sara/Zach
    Your/FI Age: 28/25
    Where You Live: Boise, ID
    What You/FI Do: Student finance advisor at a college/Verizon
    Wedding Date: 5/12/12
    Wedding Location: Central Point, OR
    Wedding Colors: Blue & Purple 
    Favorite check so far: Dress!
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I refuse to eat or drink anything blue, it freaks me out!
  • Your/FI Name: Sarah & Michael

Your/FI Age:
    30/just about 27

Where You Live:
    Grafton, Wisconsin

What You/FI Do:
    work in healthcare/working on doctorate for phys therapy 

Wedding Date:
    May 26th, 2012

Wedding Location: Central Wisconsin--church then hotel for recep

Wedding Colors:Brown, grass green/citron w/ bright pink accents

Favorite check so far: Finding the perfect wedding dress!!

One random/strange/fun fact about you: I can turn both of my thumbs almost all the way around. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • calo1983calo1983 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    our/FI Name: Annamarie/ Christopher

Your/FI Age: 27/30

Where You Live: quakertown pennsylvania

What You/FI Do: im a student hes a machine shop operator

Wedding Date: may, 19, 2012

Wedding Location: undecided

Wedding Colors:pastels  

Favorite check so far: my dress! worth 1500 spent 67 including shipping! It was never worn! Beautifull ball gown dress! satin with a top layer of silky tulle with hand made satain flowers sewn on and below that layer are these beautifull butterflys!

One random/strange/fun fact about you: hmmm i dont know i'm a very random and strange person......i know ! So our wedding is themed...so what right? its how its themed thats the kicker "Doctor who/ fairy tale" All the guys are wearing the same tux as mat smith and david tennants red converses!
     to get into the reception venue you will have to walk through the TARDIS and our invites are going to look like physic paper! we added the fairy tale part so that everything meshes well and dosent look to strange to our non-doctor who familiar guests! lol.

• Your/FI Name: Vicky / Paul
    Your/FI Age: 28 (next week) / 32 (today)
    Where You Live: Kent, England
    What You/FI Do: Marketing, PA / Police Officer
    Wedding Date: 22 May 2012 (The exact date we got engaged in 2009)
    Wedding Location: Pauite Golf Course, Las Vegas
    Wedding Colors: Ivory and Champagne
    Favorite check so far: Booking stratosphere for reception as it is where we got engaged - second favourite my wedding DVD invites took me months but was worth the pain when everyone loved them
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I have a degree in Event Management so am in my element planning this wedding :) We are getting married on the same day and we are having our reception in the same place that we got engaged 3 years to the day :)
  • Your/FI Name:  Emily and Brian
    Your/FI Age:  32 and 30
    Where You Live: 
    Detroit, MI
    What You/FI Do:   I am a full time event producer and FI owns GM car dealerships
    Wedding Date: 
    May 12, 2012
    Wedding Location: 
    Downtown Detroit
    Wedding Colors: 
    SO indecisive...either slate gray, ivory and various shades of purple OR slate gray, ivory and honeysuckle
    Favorite check so far:  Don't have many yet but our cake is the best I've ever tasted :)
    One random/strange/fun fact about you:  If we're eating and watching tv, I WILL NOT eat during commercials.  So weird.
    Venue: Book Cadillac imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_weve-grown-lets-one-another?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d08e362b-b2d8-47cb-8954-c841e2c4ad50Post:9d984124-9632-4c00-a8b0-ee4859e9cba9">Re: My, We've Grown! Let's get to know one another!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My, We've Grown! Let's get to know one another! : You're not alone, my FI and I met online, too!  I hate to say it, but it was via Myspace...thank God he didn't turn out to be a creeper! LOL
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>we met online too! he kept trying to talk to me and i kept ignorning him lol</div>
  • Your/FI Name: Bethany & Jon
    Your/FI Age:  33 & 28
    Where You Live:  NW Burbs of Chicago
    What You/FI Do: I work in finance and he is a paramedic/firefighter
    Wedding Date: 5/5/12
    Wedding Location: IL
    Wedding Colors:  pink...not sure about accent colors just yet
    Favorite check so far: the reception venue
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I own my own handmade jewelry business, bethany's designs.
    0637_IMG_9731 Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Your/FI Name: Megan and Andrew
    Your/FI Age: Both 24
    Where You Live: Just outside of Montreal, QC
    What You/FI Do: I work at BMO Bank of Montreal as a financial advisor, he is the manager of the service department at a construction company
    Wedding Date: May 26, 2012
    Wedding Location: Old Montreal
    Wedding Colors:  Charcoal grey, dusty pink, and cream
    Favorite check so far: The venue! So romantic!
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I really want to change my last name after we get married, but it can't legally be done in Quebec :( We are high school sweethearts so I would love to have his name!
  • edited April 2011
    Your/FI Name: Linda/Jason
    Your/FI Age: 29/38
    Where You Live: Maryland
    What You/FI Do: Government Contractor/IT Business Owner
    Wedding Date: May 20, 2012
    Wedding Location: Virginia Beach, VA
    Wedding Colors:  Multi - main colors are Brown, Teal and Pink
    Favorite check so far: Our oceanfront hotel for the reception
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I love cupcakes and he loves coffee :) I guess that's fun, huh? Or.. we met online on Match and didn't realize we already knew each other from work :P
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • MYour/FI Name: Lisa and Dan
    Your/FI Age: Both 24
    Where You Live:  Raleigh, NC
    What You/FI Do: I work in neurosurgery as a surgical technician. He works building fuse boxes for large buildings and part time in a restaurant.
    Wedding Date: May 19, 2012
    Wedding Location:  Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Wedding Colors:  Malibu blue, apple green and shades of pink as an accent.
    Favorite check so far: My dress!
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: FI and I met at a party through friends. However, he did not get my number that night but instead added me on facebook the next day. This is how we continued to talk and ended up going out on a date a couple of weeks later. If it wasn't for good old facebook, our relationship might have never of been =)
  • I really need to get on here more often! :)

Your/FI Name: Ashleigh/Travis
    Your/FI Age: 21/23
    Where You Live: Montevallo, AL/Pensacola, FL
    What You/FI Do: undergraduate math student/student and sporting goods store manager-in-training
    Wedding Date: May 26, 2012
    Wedding Location: Pensacola, FL
    Wedding Colors:  purple, teal, and brown
    Favorite check so far: I haven't been able to do much yet, but probably invitations...my college roommate (a graphic designer) is designing them for me!
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: My favorite snack is pretzels dipped in icing. (maybe not strange, but I can never think of anything to answer these types of questions!)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Your/FI Name:  Angie/Austin
    Your/FI Age:  Both 31
    Where You Live: Detroit, MI & Tampa, FL (yes we are long distance right now)
    What You/FI Do:  Educator/Designer
    Wedding Date: May 26th, 2012
    Wedding Location:  Columbus, Ohio
    Wedding Colors:  White, Eggplant, and Hot Pink
    Favorite check so far:   All of them - I am type A so every check makes me happy!
    One random/strange/fun fact about you:  I love to go wine tasting Also, when I get married my initials will be ABC - funny for an educator!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your/FI Name:  Amanda & Brett
    Your/FI Age:  23 & 24
    Where You Live: Virginia
    What You/FI Do:  Truancy Officer / Works at a high end golf course
    Wedding date:  May 19, 2012
    Wedding Location:  unsure-- VA/NC
    Wedding Colors:  Spring colors!  ...pink, purple, yellow, green, peach.  I haven't chosen a "main" color yet..
    Favorite check so far: we haven't made many checks... favorite so far-  Honeymoon!!! =)
    One random/strange/fun fact about you:  I'm 23 years old and still sleep with a little bear with me every single night.  FI calles it my dishrag because his face is worn off and he's pretty tattered.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

• Your/FI Name: Crystal and Ross
    Your/FI Age: 25/28
    Where You Live: Dallas, Tx
    What You/FI Do: SAHM/Car salesman
    Wedding Date: May 6, 2012
    Wedding Location: Dallas, TX
    Wedding Colors:  Turquoise/Pink/Green
    Favorite check so far: Venue!
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: Oh gosh.. I am already married! With kids! But we got married in a courthouse in AL (Charming I know ;) And we are now getting to have our dream wedding =) I also love photography and my kids drive me crazy haha Wink
  • Your/FI Name: Sarah & Steve
    Your/FI Age: Both 24...I'm only 11 days older!
    Where You LiveIllinois
    What You/FI Do: I'm a 5th and 6th grade teacher, he's finishing up his graduate degree in speech language pathology.
    Wedding Location: Illinois
    Wedding Colors:  Pink & Green
    Favorite check so far: I haven't had many, so I'll have to go with venue. 
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I'm finishing up a two year stint in a volunteer teaching program which has been one of the most challenging and rewarding things I have ever done.  My work in inner-city schools has led me to be immensely interested in Catholic Social Justice teachings.  I hope to continue working for equality in education for the rest of my life!!!
    Anniversary
  • This is my first time posting over here, so I figured this would be a good one to start with :)

Your/FI Name:   Becky/Chris
    Your/FI Age:   26/27
    Where You Live:   Ellicott City, MD
    What You/FI Do:   We are both students right now...I'm in Ultrasound school and he is getting his masters at GWU in DC. I graduate in August and he will graduate just the week before the wedding, poor guy!
    Wedding Date:   May 26, 2012
    Wedding Location:   Upper Marlboro, MD
    Wedding Colors:   Blue and Yellow
    Favorite check so far:   The venue! It was incredibly satisfying to find the actual place where everything will take place.
    One random/strange/fun fact about you:   I have 10 younger siblings...yes, our wedding party is outrageous.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_weve-grown-lets-one-another?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d08e362b-b2d8-47cb-8954-c841e2c4ad50Post:c7bc1768-7b81-42a7-b18f-877c2b5ef586">Re: Let's get to know each other! May 2012 Knottie Info</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is my first time posting over here, so I figured this would be a good one to start with :) Your/FI Name:    Becky/Chris Your/FI Age:    26/27 Where You Live:    Ellicott City, MD What You/FI Do:    We are both students right now...I'm in Ultrasound school and he is getting his masters at GWU in DC. I graduate in August and he will graduate just the week before the wedding, poor guy! Wedding Date:    May 26, 2012 Wedding Location:    Upper Marlboro, MD Wedding Colors:    Blue and Yellow Favorite check so far:   The venue! It was incredibly satisfying to find the actual place where everything will take place. One random/strange/fun fact about you:    I have 10 younger siblings...yes, our wedding party is outrageous.
    Posted by Becky&Chris[/QUOTE]

Welcome! We're date twins, yay!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_weve-grown-lets-one-another?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d08e362b-b2d8-47cb-8954-c841e2c4ad50Post:ee1f07d1-c3f7-4555-b1af-6faa06114628">Re: Let's get to know each other! May 2012 Knottie Info</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get to know each other! May 2012 Knottie Info : Welcome! We're date twins, yay!
    Posted by meganbouchard[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Yay, that's awesome!
  • Shari 86Shari 86 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I`m new to this board and I usually lurk for a while first but I love these things! lol

Your/FI Name: Shari/ Terrence
    Your/FI Age: 24/30
    Where You Live: Labrador West, Labrador, Canada
    What You/FI Do: I'm currently lucky enough to be a SAHM but I use to be an FSM/FSC for BMO. FI s a welder in the mine here.
    Wedding Date: May 9th, 2012
    Wedding Location: Beaches Resort, Negril, Jamaica
    Wedding Colors:  Blue, Orange, and charcoal grey
    Favorite check so far: The resort its self I cannot wait to walk in the sand with my new H!! I also cannot wait for our DD to meet Elmo!
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: DD was my engagement present.  FI and I had just been told after a year of test after test I would never be able to carry a baby past the first trimester. God had different plans for us.We found out not long after we were expecting!! She is of course the best present I have ever gotten by far! :)
  • Your/FI Name: Christena & Jaime
    Your/FI Age: 25 and 31 
    Where You Live: Chicago
    What You/FI Do: Bride: Office Manager and Kid Instructor, Freelance Associate Producer of Market and Distribution.  FI: Chef (well line cook but he has the degree)
    Wedding Date: May 18, 2012
    Wedding Location: Ceremony: Queen of Angels Church  Reception: Galleria Marchetti
    Wedding Colors:  Victorian Lilac and Wine
    Favorite check so far: That would have to be the reception hall, I have always wanted an outdoor recpetion, thats not easy to come by in Chicago.  This was the only place that really does them and it is beautiful, I am so excited.  
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I actually love the whole process of planning a wedding that I am currently getting certified in it.  I am also the Chicago Wedding Preparations Examiner.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your/FI Name: Crystal & Brandon
    Your/FI Age:  20 & 24
    Where You Live: Morgantown, WV
    What You/FI Do: Im a full time student and SAHM FI is a manager at TeleTech
    Wedding Date: May 4 2012
    Wedding Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Wedding Colors:  Purple & Silver
    Favorite check so far: Our reception site. I love how it looks when decorated for a wedding!
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I swear fate had a big hand in how Brandon and I got together. We met a year and a half before we started dating when I went to my sority rush party. His frat helped set up for it and he was there. We'd met a couple times after that in the next couple months but never really got to know one another as more than aquanitences. I moved away and a year later I moved to a town 40 miles away from where we met. 4 weeks after my little girl was born I began working at TeleTech. As fate would turn out, he started that exact same day. Not only did we start work the same day we had matching schedules. We recognized one another from those few times long ago and we became instant best friends. Since then our relationship has been amazing and I cant believe were finally getting married!!
  • Your/FI Name:  Melissa and Cheech
    Your/FI Age:
    30/31
    Where You Live: 
    waaay up north in Canada

What You/FI Do:   air traffic controller/personal trainer

Wedding Date:  still waiting for grandma to decide :)

Wedding Location: 
    Maui....?

Wedding Colors:  

Favorite check so far: 
    I can't believe you all have so many checks! No major ones for me yet.....

One random/strange/fun fact about you
    :  I was never one of those girls that dreamed about what my wedding would look like but all of a sudden I have a very serious addiction to all things "wedding". 
    :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello! I'm now officially a May 2012 bride since we signed our contract yesterday!
    Your/FI Name: Lauren/Mike
    Your/FI Age: 26/27
    Where You Live: Rochester, NY
    What You/FI Do: museum/grad school
    Wedding Date: 5/27/2012
    Wedding Location: Vineyard on a lake
    Wedding Colors:  Periwinkle & spring green with peony accents
    Favorite check so far: our awesome venue!
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I have been to 49 states. 48 on family roadtrips and then FI proposed in Hawaii!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your/FI Name:  Katie and Paul
    Your/FI Age:  24 and 26
    Where You Live: Coquitlam (Near Vancouver) Canada
    What You/FI Do: I am a student, studying social work, Paul is a tradesman in carpentry
    Wedding Date:  May 20th, 2012 (the may long weekend)
    Wedding Location: Kaleden BC - getting married in a small town in a gorgeous location at the same historical church my parents were married in.

Wedding Colors:  Green and White
    Favorite check so far: We found perfect invitations on sale about a day after getting engaged, so they have set the tone for everything else, making planning pretty easy thus far.
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I grew up in Canada and Mexico and have done extensive travelling in the US and South america. Also Paul and I are both adopted...making it very interesting to try and put together a guest list. with 4-5 different sides of the family involved.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Hi! I've never posted anything, but this seems like a good place to start I guess! 

Your/FI Name:  Autumn/ Mike
    Your/FI Age:  21/20
    Where You Live: Central Illinois (not Chicago!)
    What You/FI Do: We are both students. I am studying English Education and he is studying Technology Education :)
    Wedding Date: 5/26/2012! Ah. I can't wait. 
    Wedding Location: Springfield, IL
    Wedding Colors:  Green, purple, and champagne/ivory
    Favorite check so far: Reception venue! We struggled finding somewhere that wasn't booked! I was really surprised because we have over a year and that seems like plenty of time, but we finally found a place that is nicer than the places we originally wanted. And big enough! Woohoo!
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: My fiance and I are going to take a two week honeymoon and spend half of it volunteering locally in whatever location we choose! 

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all as we plan our weddings together!!
  • Your/FI Name: Meaghan/Brett

Your/FI Age:  26/27

Where You Live: Tuckahoe, NY (Westchester County)

What You/FI Do: Teacher/Accountant

Wedding Date: 05/19/2012

Wedding Location: Rye, NY

Wedding Colors:  Blue, Purple, Lavender, White

Favorite check so far: Booking the venue!!

One random/strange/fun fact about you: I have been told many times that I look like Rachel McAdams from the Notebook - it's one of my favorite things to hear!!
  • I am totally new to this site so hopefully I do this right!

Your/FI Name:  Bridget and Noah
    Your/FI Age:  23 and 27
    Where You Live: Waterloo, Ontario
    What You/FI Do: Farm Business Planning and he's an Accountant
    Wedding Location: Cambridge & Kitchener, Ontario
    Wedding Colors:  Either pink/green or purple
    Favorite check so far: I only have two things booked! Reception and church
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: We just found out about a little surprise - we are going to have a baby this fall! So looking forward to having he/she as part of our wedding. 
  • Your/FI Name: Shawna/Adrian
    Your/FI Age: 21/25
    Where You Live: Ohio
    What You/FI Do: Front Desk Agent/Manager of car detail shop
    Wedding Date: May 26 or 27 (depends on location)
    Wedding Location: TBD
    Wedding Colors:  Ivory & Green, with touches of Brown and possibly Melon
    Favorite check so far: My invitations! My only check so far, but they are super cute!
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I absolutely LOVE the smell of old, musty books!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards