June 2013 Weddings

Addressing STDs!

Hey Ladies! Quick question for thos of you who are sending save the dates. How are you going to address them...

I was thinking about doing this but im not sure whats formal or not.
1. Mr & Mrs John Doe (just husband and wife being invited)
2. Mr & Mrs John Doe and Family (husband, wife and kids)
3. Mr John Doe and Guests. (friend and a guest)

But I am not sure what to do and i'm hearing 2 different things from different people. Please help me out!
Photobucket

Re: Addressing STDs!

• We didn't use titles. It was too much for my brain to try and process. 

/unhelpful answer.

I'd go with number 2 if I had to pick though. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I read on one of the boards that you don't put "and guest" on the save the dates.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did to Mr. and Mrs. John Doe, if they had family then I tagged and Family on the end. Hope that helps!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, and for your second option (with kids), I believe you address it as: Mr. and Mrs. John Doe Allison Johnny If the kids are over 18, they get their own invite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Me again...lol. I just read a post on E that said don't add "and guest" to the STD, unless the guest is from out of town, and would need to make travel arrangements.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_addressing-stds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:0e2ae7fd-abeb-4f3a-b24a-0230074440ecPost:e209b317-2f44-4c31-bf7f-2bfa31925a73">Re: Addressing STDs!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and for your second option (with kids), I believe you address it as: Mr. and Mrs. John Doe Allison Johnny If the kids are over 18, they get their own invite.
    Posted by SpringintheCity[/QUOTE]

<div>This is correct. As is the OP. </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, to leave off 'and guest' on the STDs. That is formal and saved for invitation.</div>

Anniversary
  • My understanding was that STDs are not as formal as the wedding invites.  I've done them, but in the case of 18+ cousins still living at home, I addressed to the whole family (mostly because I didn't order enough STD's for my mom to make mistakes)...

We left titles off for everyone else.  We don't have plans to give anyone (except maybe my FI's sisters) without a significant other a guest, so when there was a SO, we put their name and when not just addressed it to the person.

I found this part to be very time consuming, luckily my mom did all the sending--I just had to do the collecting. Good Luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As said already, you do not put guest on your save the dates. That would be saved for your invite. But your other wordings seem correct to me. The only other thing I did was when I had 2 friends who were dating eachother, or a couple that is engaged or something. I put the name of our friend first and then the other persons name. (ex: Ms. Jane Smith and Mr. John Doe.) I'm not sure if that is how it is properlly done, but i already did it, lol.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • I wish I could find where I got the info when I did mine. I think it was Martha Stewart. Anyway, I did:

1. Jane and John Doe (just husband and wife being invited)
    2. The Doe Family (husband, wife and kids)
    3. John Doe (single friend with no SO)
    4. Betty Smith and John Doe (Friend with SO, I asked what his/her name is)

Obviously, it will be different on the actual invitations.

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards