June 2013 Weddings

When is your ceremony going to start?..

when is your ceremony going to start....how about ur reception??
Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When is your ceremony going to start?..

• We aren't for sure yet, but about what I'm thinking.

Ceremony 5-5:30
    Cocktail hour/pictures 5:30-6:15/6:30
    Dinner 6:30
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ceremony is at 5 pm and we are thining the same as previous poster.
  • AllieS421AllieS421 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Ceremony at 3, then cocktail hour at 5:30, reception from 6:30 to 11:30. We have a gap between ceremony and reception since nearly all of our guests will be in from out of town and checkin for the hotel is at 3, so they will want time to do that before the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our vow renewal ceremony will start at 5 p.m. and I figure dinner will start about 5:30. Our ceremony isn't very long and the whole evening takes places in one large room. Our photographer is taking pictures throughout the evening and we'll pose for a few as the evening progresses.

Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Ceremony starts at 5pm, receiving line and cocktail hour/ pictures from 5:45 to 7pm. Dinner and reception from 7 to 11pm.

Anniversary
  • Our ceremony is at 3, cocktail hour starts at 6, reception at 7.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ceremony at 2 coctails at 4 and dinner at 5.
    Photobucket
  • Looks like I'm the only daytime bride so far.. Our ceremony is at 11am, cocktail hour starts at 11:30 or shortly after and then reception is from 12:30-3:30
    September Signature Challenge - Fave sports team

My planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our ceremony and reception are at the same location, so we are having a 4:30 ceremony, 5-6 cocktail hour, and 6-10 reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ceremony: 4:154:45 our start time is scheduled for 4 but there's some leeway time Cocktails: 5:005:30 Dinner: 5:306:30 Dancing: 6:3010ish After party: 10ish1 Our reception place only allows us to stay till 10. So the hotel we are staying at has a bar and grill that they are keeping open for us!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd like everyone's thoughts on this. Our wedding is on a Friday evening in Philly 2 weeks after Memorial Day weekend, so there may be some shore traffic that people will have to battle on their drive to our wedding. We were thinking of starting the ceremony at 6:00, with the cocktail hour and a half beginning immediately after at 6:30 (everything is in the same place). My question is: do you think 6:00 is too early for those that are working that day? The entire event, including ceremony will be 6.5 hours long, so if we start at 6:00, the reception won't be over until 12:30am, which is pretty late. Do you think we should give the guests a little more time to get there and start it at 6:30 (thus ending around 1am?). I'm interested to hear your thoughts! Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our ceremony is starting at 1pm (may push it back to 2pm)

Reception starts at 5:30 for cocktail hour then dinner starts at 6:30
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Ceremony is at 430
    Cocktails/pictures 5-6
    Dinner/reception 6-10

One location means no lag time!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ceremony at 2pm
    Cocktail Hour 5
    Reception 6-12
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Spring- I think you should be fie. People plan ahead of time for weddings and many of them will probably leave early or figure out a way to make it to the ceremony. If they can't people could always just come to the reception. I think you are good with you timeline, especially being a Friday and people working, they will not want to stay out much later. If anything, I'd say you could push it back 1/2 hour, and end at 1am, but I don't really think you need to. 

Our wedding is on a Sat, our ceremony is at 2/2:30 I have to double check, lol. Then our cockatil hour and a half is 6:30-8pm, then reception is 8-12.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Our wedding is on a Sunday. Ceremony at 4 pm. Cocktail hour from 4:30 to 5:30, dinner at 5:30. Then our reception is from 6:30 to 11:00
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, rmp. We'll probably stick with starting at 6:00!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ceremony is at 2pm
    Pictures 2:30-4
    Reception 5pm
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • The ceremony is going to start at 2:00 pm and the I am planning on a coctail hour to be immediately after the ceremony and then reception start as soon as we get done with pictures and get to my parents barn where we are holding the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our ceremony will be at 2 pm, cocktail hour at 5 or 5:30, followed by dinner at 6:30. Reception will follow after dinner, speeches, etc! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our ceremony and reception are at the same place also, we're planning on:
    ceremony at 4pm
    cocktail hour from 4:30-5:30
    reception 5:30-9:30

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards