June 2013 Weddings

Just wanted to introduce myself :)

Hello Ladies,

I just found this group yesterday and have to say I am so happy that I did!! I did write a post yesterday explaining somewhat of my situtaion but I just realized I never fully introduced myself!! So thats what I wanted to do!! Everyone here seems amazing and like I said I feel blessed that I found this group! My name is Mary and I am live in baltimore, MD. Both my FI and I grew up in Baltimore and all of our families are here, so we are staying with Baltimore for our wedding! FI proposed to me on Valentines Day and it was one of the best days of my life! I currently have 4 kids, 2 girls from my first marriage. I got married at a court house that time but the marriage ended  3 years later because of domestiv violence! The breaking point for me is when My ex gave me a black eye, so I had to get my kids and I out of that situation! Not long after I meet my FI and we just instantly bonded. At first I wasnt trying to get into a relationshiop bc of what my previous marriage was like, but there was something special about my FI. We quickly realized that we went to the same elementary and highschool as one another, but my FI is 2 years younger then I so we didnt really know each other back the! Like I said he became the love of my life and a great father to my girls! He showed me what its like to have someone really love you and showed my girls how a man is suppose to treat a women and I could never Thank him enough for that! My FI and I had our first child (our 1st boy) in December 10! 9 months after having our first son, I became pregnant again with another little boy who was just born June 23, 2012! After he propsed to me on Valentines day we both knew we wanted to have a wedding and not go through the court house like my previous marriage, so I started planning our wedding! I got as far as calling our church (the church is basically the school my FI and I went to elementary school at, so it had meaning to us) plus the church is just stunning with a 100ft aisle! After calling the church I quickly realized that bc of my previous marriage I had to get a annulment but bc I was married at the court house it wouldnt b hard! At that point I decided to wait till the baby came to start all of this, Well I finally got to meet with the priest and filed my annulment about 2 weeks ago! 3 days after mailing it out (which both our priest and I couldnt believe because they approved my annulment so quick) I received a letter in the mail stating that my annulment was approved I was so happy! Last week my FI and I went to a meeting with the priest for our wedding! Got anything we need to be done then and picked a date! My FI is set on the fact that he wants a JUNE 2013 wedding! Which back in Febraury sounded great to me bc I wanted a spring/summer wedding n I had tons of time to plan!! Well now since the date was just set last week n I am now starting to plan Im starting to think that maybe I dont have enough time! but I am going to continue to push forward and get it done no matter how overwhelming it gets! I am also very happy that my children are able to be in our wedding their ages are 7,4,1,2months) my girls are especially excited bc they are older and of course understand it. My 4 year old thinks she is a princess, which she is in my eyes, but is so excited about wearing the flower girl dress) bc to me its just not about joining my FI and me as one but joining our family as well!! But thats a little about me! Oh and I am 27 and FI is 25!! Like I said I just found this group yesterday and love the atmosphere here and hope that its not to late for me to be a part of that! Reading other post you girls give great advice so I am very happy to be here!! n I just wanted to let everyone know a little about me since I am new!! I am looking forward to becoming friends with everyone here and helping as many peple as I can through this special times in our life!! I know planning a wedding is very exciting but I also know how overwhelming it can be at times and I cant wait to see how all of our wedding turn out bc even though its very overwhelming in the end it will be all worth it and our weddings will be beautiful and just how we envisioned them :) 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards