June 2013 Weddings

Muslin Favor Bag Question

Hey ladies ...

Just posted this in DIY but figured I'd check here too.  I'm thinking about using those adorable muslin drawstring bags for my favors ...... BUT I want to use chocolate covered sunflower seeds (in our colors!) and I'm a little worried that the chocolates might melt or that the colors would run thru the bags?  Does anyone have any experience with these bags?  We are having our reception indoors and it will be air conditioned so maybe I'm just overthinking it.  ;-)

Re: Muslin Favor Bag Question

• I think to be on the safe side, you might be better off putting them in little cellophane bags first, before putting them in the muslin bags. I just did a quick search, and it looks like they're pretty reasonably priced. Also, check out if you have any candy/baking supply stores in your area, you might be able to get them for a good deal without having to deal with shipping.
  • I agree with emily to put it in another bag first. That or try a few out before you do it. Try different conditions too like leaving it in the heat to see what happens and one inside to see how that fairs. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Like the others girls said, I think you should be fine, but just in case put in a little cello baggie so the chocolate doesn't stain the bag.

I love the muslin bag idea. I am thinking about doing this for my favors, and getting them embroidered w/ our name & date on them. We are having a beach/nautical themed wedding and my mom is going to make little soaps in the shape of shells or starfish or something like that. I'm also going to make a donation to a charity I volunteer with and put a tag on each bag :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks ladies!  I totally agree.  I think a little celo bag on the inside will relieve my fears.  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards