June 2013 Weddings

Might be moving wedding up. Please pray!!

We just found out last week that Fi mom has pancratic cancer and that it has metastesized (sp?). In other words, it stage 4. Fi and I are asking her if she wants us to move the wedding up so she can enjoy it (she is going to start Chemo soon and we know it isn't going to be easy on her).
  I didnt' have a mother in law with my first marriage and FI mom is so wonderful. I can't believe that she has to go through this. Fi seems to be holding up well, meanwhile, I'm a mess.
  If we do move the wedding up, we are looking at early April. We will probably just do the ceremony and a small dinner. And then we will still have the full blown reception in June (more like a family reunion for FI's family).
  Neither Fi or I are prepared for any of this. Our lives are so crazy and they won't be slowing down until June (hence the June wedding date). IF we do this, I am hoping that we can just do the whole thing, reception and all (reception is at our church), just on a smaller scale. I want FI mom to be able to have fun and enjoy her baby boy's wedding.
  Any positive thoughts or prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Might be moving wedding up. Please pray!!

• Oh I am so sorry to hear that! I am praying for you and your new family and I hope you are able to work something out so that she can enjoy your day with you.
    September Signature Challenge - Fave sports team

My planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so sorry. I'll be thinking of you and your FMIL and sending you all good thoughts.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so sorry this happened. Keeping you guys in my thoughts. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm so very sorry. Good luck to your Fi's mom and to you guys with whatever you decide.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so sorry to hear about your FMIL.  I hope you can figure something out so she can be a part of your day.  Thoughts, prayers, and hugs to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So sorry... prayers and healing energy to your FMIL. 

Try to stay calm and the wedding will work itself out. In the meantime spend time with her. Hugs!

Anniversary
  • Thank you ladies. My FMIL decided she doesn't want us to move the wedding up. I am just praying that she feels well enough to not only be up to going, but to enjoy herself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It might give you comfort in knowing that chemo doesn't always make everyone feel awful (I thought it did). FI's aunt and a really good friend of mine both had chemo and said it just made them tired but they didn't have any of the other side effects you often hear about (nausea, throwing up, headaches, etc.). So, please know that I'll be thinking of you and hoping that your FMIL has mild or no side effects to the treatment. Hugs!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards