June 2013 Weddings

photo books

Hi Brides!  I had my boudoir photo shoot this weekend and it was amazing!  My package included the shoot and photos on a hi res disk with the copyrights...the pricing for the photog to make a book was wayyyy too much so I am going to make my own, any rec's on what website to use?  I know shuttfly, mixbook & piccabu all do this but I'm a little worried about the privacy of my photos...suggestions please
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: photo books

• Check on groupon and living social. Last week I bought an 8x11 photobook with 20 pages for $9 This isn't the same one I got but its similar http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-leather-bound-hardcover-photo-books
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello! I use shutterfly for all of my photo books. I absolutely love how customizable they are and they're always on sale. As for privacy I'd rather use them than a CVS or Walgreens where I'd have to pick it up and know the cashier or photo tech saw the pictures. But I feel like the privacy of a place like shutterfly would be the same as wherever your photographer would send the pictures for their album.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lexi- where did you get them done? I've been looking for somewhere but they are all too expensive for me :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "My publisher" has coupons and sales all the time. I just got one off groupon and it was $10 for an 8x11 hardcover 20 page book.  Today I got an email for 30%-75% off their photo books.  I used them last summer when I made a picture book for my old job and its a quality product so I am excited to make the wedding guest book.  Its a free download where you upload your pictures so you have the privacy of the photos on your computer rather than having o upload them to a public site.

Anniversary
  • Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but there's also BookSmart. I looked into a few different programs, and that was one of them. From what I've heard, MyPublisher is pretty awesome.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_photo-books?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:5392a100-fe68-46a9-aa71-86de76adfb8dPost:901681b9-5775-45ed-9660-2079db31802d">Re: photo books</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lexi- where did you get them done? I've been looking for somewhere but they are all too expensive for me :(
    Posted by blueikaos[/QUOTE]

I used a photographer named Laura Olsson...she was AWESOME, she came to  my house for the pics but she also offered her own home or you can rent a hotel, use a friends house, etc.  I had unlimited outfit/background changes( i think I ended up shooting 9 different outfits!)  She was also really creative and super easy to work with, made me really comfortable, etc.  She was also the most affordable/best deal that I found.

Let me know if you want her email or phone number!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes please! What was the cost range?

Right now the best deal I found is 45 minutes, 1 outfit with variations, makeup and a 12 page book for $375.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_photo-books?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:5392a100-fe68-46a9-aa71-86de76adfb8dPost:ddefa6f7-7a50-490c-8bb4-5edf915e8cfb">Re: photo books</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes please! What was the cost range? Right now the best deal I found is 45 minutes, 1 outfit with variations, makeup and a 12 page book for $375.
    Posted by blueikaos[/QUOTE]

I PM'd you :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards