June 2013 Weddings

skype/facetime ceremony

We just found out that Fi's grandparents will be too sick to travel to the wedding, we are all pretty devestated by this news, especially his grandparents.  I got an amazing suggestion to skype the ceremony so that they could watch it in real time, does anyone have any experiance with this or know what I would need to make it happen?  We have ipads and iphones galore but I'm not sure what they would need in their home in FL to be able to connect, any advice on either skype or facetime would be appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: skype/facetime ceremony

• I would suggest someone in the front row hold the iPad for you and video it all using Skype. Grandma and grandpa can watch from their computer at home even if they don't have a camera themselves! This is such a great way to keep them included!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with the other ladies Skype is probably you're best bet. I would see if there was a way you could have the iPad set up in one of the chairs or on a table so no one had to hold it, though I'm sure they won't mind! This way there won't be too much movement during the video and everyone can enjoy! I'm really sorry they're not going to be able to make it, that really is a bummer! But I love that you guys are still wanting to make them feel special and include them!! That's wonderful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't have anything constructive to add, just that I think this is a wonderful idea!
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We will be using Skype so that my family in Scotland and friend in England can watch the ceremony. We are reserving a chair in the front for the iPad so that no one sits in front of it, and I am asking a family member to be in charge of making sure that it is ready to go before hand, and put away safely after the ceremony.
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did this for my Masters graduation last year since mom wouldn't be there. We just used my phone and my bro set it down on top of something so it wouldn't be shaky There was some issues with the quality, due to the connection mostly. I would suggest you contact your venue and find out if they have wireless otherwise I'm not sure it would work well. I'd def do a test run as well, perhaps include them in the rehearsal?

In the end though, regardless of any of the issues, my mom was super touched to have been able to see it when she couldn't be there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards