June 2013 Weddings
Options

New to this board!!

Hi there!  My name's Samantha and I'm engaged to be married next June1st!  I've been using theknot.com for a few months now but never used/posted on any boards yet... I needed to now because I BOUGHT MY DRESS!! and I need someone to show it off to!!  lol  First I'll tell you about myself (I stole this from a different thread) then I'll show you my dress!!
Name/FI name-- Samantha & Austin
Age/FI age-- 26 & 23
When did you start dating-- Blind date on 12/3/10
When did you get engaged-- 2/10/12
Wedding date-- 06/01/13
Interesting fact-- our families had known eachother for years yet I'd never met him... he said he'd seen me a few times and had the hots for me and kept bugging my brother to "hook him up"  lol
Wedding Venue/Location-- Chestnut Mountain Resort, Galena, Ill
Colour(s)  Ocean blue dresses with raspberry gerber daisies
How are you personalizing your wedding? -- we'll see...
Wedding website/blog/bio-- N/A
Proposal story-- I kind of ruined his plans... I had taken off work one friday and planned a little surprise getaway for us... I called him at work and asked him if he could do me a huge favor and get me something from home and bring it to me at work... well he got home to find a note on the table for him to take a shower, put on his dress shirt and meet me at ****** Hotel... he called me (almost annoyed) and told me he'd be a little late but when he did show up at the hotel he was acting all funny and he hadn't been in the door 10 minutes before he pulled the ring out and asked me!!  but unknown to me he had been planning on going to the jewelers to pick up my ring that night so he could talk to my parents about asking me to marry him that weekend so he had to call my mom on the way and ask her on the phone lol and then he was just too nervous to wait til after supper lol
Oh and the ring includes the center stone fom his grandmother's engagement ring :-)
What do you and FI do for a living (optional) I'm an Advanced Phlebotomist and in the last couple weeks of clinicals before becoming a Surgical Technologist and he is and Autobody Technician (soon to own his own Autobody shop)

OK now that you know me... here's the dress I just bought!!  What do you think???

Re: New to this board!!

• Options
    Welcome Samantha, from another Illinois bride (though at the opposite end of the state)! I'm glad to see you've come out of lurking to talk with us! As you've probably seen, we're a pretty great group of brides, and I know you have plenty of date twins. Don't feel shy, jump right in to planning with us. And as I'm sure you'll hear, don't forget to fill out the stickies so we can get to know everybody in one place.

I love your proposal story, too cute. And your dress is soooo pretty. Congratulations on getting engaged the day before my birthday. :)
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi and welcome to the board! Love your dress and your proposal story!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi and congrats on buying the dress!!!!! That's a great feeling right? Welocome to the boards
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! I love your dress!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome the Board! That dress is GORGEOUS! :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! Love that dress!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hi and welcome! the dress is beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards