June 2013 Weddings

What ceremonies are you adding to your vows?

Are any of you doing additional ceremonies, like the sand-, rock-/wishing well-, plant- ceremonies or blessings of the rings?

Julie
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: What ceremonies are you adding to your vows?

• We are doing the wine box ceremony where you write love letters to each other beforehand and you place them as well as bottle of wine in a box and nail it shut. You open it either on your 5th anniversary or when you are going through a tough time
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think we are doing the candle ceremony, but I really like the love letter in the wine box thing too. I was leaning towards the candle because our parents can also participate, but we will see. What's a wishing well ceremony?
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • We're doing the wine box/love letter ceremony too. And we're doing a blessing of the hands after we exchange rings.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing a tartan pinning ceremony and we're doing a blessing of the rings but that's just going to be done by our officiant.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing the unity sand ceremony :
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing the sand thing, and including my kids as well.  I really really really want to do a ring warming ceremony, where basically your wedding bands are passed around among your guests.  The officiant is supposed to say something about saying a small prayer or warming the rings with your hands and giving them positive energy.  We were going to put both rings on a ribbon, and put them in a small shear fabric bag, so they don't get lost.  The draw back- with a large group of guests, it can take forever, but I haven't ruled it out yet.  Our guests are so important to us, and I love the idea of including them in the ceremony this way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_what-ceremonies-are-you-adding-to-your-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:69fabfea-b021-4fe0-9f3d-7be2ab058c63Post:aa22b496-c34f-4089-9d15-83715095ab29">Re: What ceremonies are you adding to your vows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing the wine box ceremony where you write love letters to each other beforehand and you place them as well as bottle of wine in a box and nail it shut. You open it either on your 5th anniversary or when you are going through a tough time
    Posted by cnhelbert[/QUOTE]

<div>We're doing this too!  I'm really excited about it.  We've also heard of people opening it each year and adding a love letter written on each anniversary.  I think it would be really cool to have 50 love letters from each year on your 50th wedding anniversary!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_what-ceremonies-are-you-adding-to-your-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:69fabfea-b021-4fe0-9f3d-7be2ab058c63Post:5649d560-4604-4f9b-b0b6-efc961c3ff47">Re:What ceremonies are you adding to your vows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we are doing the candle ceremony, but I really like the love letter in the wine box thing too. I was leaning towards the candle because our parents can also participate, but we will see. <strong>What's a wishing well ceremony?</strong>
    Posted by rmp4996[/QUOTE]

It's also sometimes called the Stone Ceremony, I think. If the ceremony is around water or a well, the guests write a wish for the couple on a card that they drop in a box, then take a stone (usually smooth stone, like river rock or polished stones) and throw them in a well, fountain, or in the body of water they are near. There's another variation where the stones are kept by the couple.

Julie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_what-ceremonies-are-you-adding-to-your-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:69fabfea-b021-4fe0-9f3d-7be2ab058c63Post:b9f1ac75-e78d-4fcc-9a9e-f1f56a39ffda">Re: What ceremonies are you adding to your vows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What ceremonies are you adding to your vows? : We're doing this too!  I'm really excited about it.  We've also heard of people opening it each year and adding a love letter written on each anniversary.  I think it would be really cool to have 50 love letters from each year on your 50th wedding anniversary!
    Posted by KplusA[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ooh that does that does cool! Maybe I'm going to tweak mine a bit lol

</div>
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to do additional things, but I don't know what we're going to do yet. We were going to do the sand ceremony, but we decided against it. Not sure what we're doing.
  • I think we are just doing the blessing of the rings, but we might add something else as well. We are meeting with our officiant about 2 months prior to the wedding to discuss our final plans, so FI and I still have some time to think about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to do a sand ceremony.  Also my FI has twin girls and I wanted to include them and maybe say some vows to them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So far we are doing the unity candle so our mothers can be involved and blessing of the rings!  I love the idea of our priest blessing our rings, they already have so much meaning but i feel blessing them would even make them more sacred! I do have a question bc I dont know to much but whats a love letter wine box ceremony (I think thats what its called lol) sorry if I am wrong!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_what-ceremonies-are-you-adding-to-your-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:69fabfea-b021-4fe0-9f3d-7be2ab058c63Post:821dc0ff-bbdb-472e-a09a-c3e24fec93f1">Re: What ceremonies are you adding to your vows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to do a sand ceremony.  Also my FI has twin girls and I wanted to include them and maybe say some vows to them. 
    Posted by Kbeane20[/QUOTE]

Kbeane, when my husband and I eloped, we had my almost-4 yo son with us. DH had a neat necklace he put on his neck right after we said our vows. My son is 18 yo now and still has that necklace.

Julie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards