June 2013 Weddings

TMI/TU Tuesday?

Are we doing this today? I was going to get it started until I realized I didn't have any idea what to put in it!
June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: TMI/TU Tuesday?

• What does TU mean?

• MrsK usually starts these. No idea if she comes up with the questions herself or not. TU means tell us. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thank you MrsK for putting these up!! I apparently suck at thinking of fun questions.

TMI: So, mine is a little gross, I hope you don't judge too hard. Yesterday I wore a pair of jeans that I had worn the day before (I am a firm believer that jeans aren't dirty after one wear).  I went to my principal's office because I had a question for her secretary and as I'm standing there, a member of administration walks in and I strike up a converstaion with him.  At this moment, I feel something on my leg.  I wait until he turns to the secretary to ask her something and I non-chanlantly look down at my leg.  Apparently I had failed to remove my thong from my pant leg before I put them on, and it was making a reapperance.  Thankfully nobody saw, but I almost died laughing.

TU: We're not registering.  We've decided in lieu of gifts, we would like guests to contribute to an account that is helping us save to adopt a child.  I'm not sure how we're going to do this, as I know it's super tacky to ask for cash, or to expect a gift at all. 

June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    Well, ignore my last post, haha.

TMI: I'm sure I've had lots, I'm a clutz and I'm oblivious to everything. Last year when I was teaching middle school, I wore a cowl neck shirt to school. My students were doing a group project and of course it was my all boys class. I went over to help a group and instead of squatting I bent at the hips. Yeah. Cleavage, all up in their 13 year old faces. It took me about two minutes to realize why the other groups had started to get up and come over to "listen" to what I was saying. They were all eyeballing down my shirt. I stood  up pretty quick once I caught onto what was happening.

Tell Us: I have no idea! We're planning on new towels, also a green Kitchenaid mixer, a dyson, some odds and ends I need but can live without for now, like a cheese grater. We also want to do an online home improvement registry for things like floor tiles and light fixtures and stuff. I'm excited for that the most I guess because if we get all the things we need for a new kitchen which we desperately need, we plan on using any wedding money to do the reno. 

Nikisha, I would totally not think it was tacky to donate towards an adoption fund. That's light years ahead of asking for a honeymoon fund. There's different websites specifically for registering for money for specific reasons. I'd google some registry sites and try to find one that you can specifically state that all proceeds go towards your adoption, which is crazy expensive. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • TMI-  Unfortunately yes.  I was wearing a very low cut dress and did have a slilp while out, caught it before I made too much of a scene, but very embarrassing :)

TU-  FI and decided not to have a registry but I would love the kitchenaid mixer in red. 

• TMI: Yes back in 4th or 5th grade. I went to a small school so the whole class went over to a classmate's house for a pool party. One of my other classmate's was apparently not a very good swimmer. So as I was coming up from getting a dive stick in the deep end he was flailing about and grabbed onto the top of my bathing suit to keep himself afloat. Not only did he almost drown me but he basically made me flash my entire class. I got jokes about it until senior year in high school.

Tell Us: I'm looking forward to getting the kitchenaid pasta attachment. I've always wanted to try making my own pasta and so I'm hoping we get this. Otherwise I'm looking forward to any cash gifts. I know it sounds terrible but FI and I really want a house and all the wedding money is going straight towards a down payment.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lissa1213Lissa1213 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_tmitu-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:9824399c-a671-4d58-ba2d-719b1670e3baPost:7b467fe8-626e-4ca6-8929-0f5b169ab849">Re: TMI/TU Tuesday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you MrsK for putting these up!! I apparently suck at thinking of fun questions. TMI: So, mine is a little gross, I hope you don't judge too hard. Yesterday I wore a pair of jeans that I had worn the day before (I am a firm believer that jeans aren't dirty after one wear).  I went to my principal's office because I had a question for her secretary and as I'm standing there, a member of administration walks in and I strike up a converstaion with him.  At this moment, I feel something on my leg.  I wait until he turns to the secretary to ask her something and I non-chanlantly look down at my leg.  Apparently I had failed to remove my thong from my pant leg before I put them on, and it was making a reapperance.  Thankfully nobody saw, but I almost died laughing.<strong> TU: We're not registering.  We've decided in lieu of gifts, we would like guests to contribute to an account that is helping us save to adopt a child.</strong>  I'm not sure how we're going to do this, as I know it's super tacky to ask for cash, or to expect a gift at all. 
    Posted by NikishaMcFall[/QUOTE]

I absolutely love this :)

• cnf: thanks!  I hadn't thought of that, and for some reason, I've been stressing about that part more than almost anything else because I know how much it means to FI. 

Lissa: It was all FI's idea.  We decided a long time ago that we wanted to adopt, but when he came up with this idea, I was blown away.  He's smart sometimes ;)
  • TMI: Yes, but it wasn't too bad. I was wearing a shirt that went over the head but it had buttons that way down to a deep V. For my birthday, I wore the shirt out, had a bra on, and then under the shirt/over the bar I had a lace bandeau top on. I left the buttons open on the shirt so the bandeau would show. While I was dancing, the bandeau started slipping down, I guess because my bra was satin, and I didn't notice it until it was all the way down. I don't even know how long I had been dancing with my bra wide out in the open like that. I quickly pulled the bandeau back up when I noticed, and paid much closer attention to it for the rest of the night.

TU: I am most excited to register for cookware/bbq stuff. FI and I love to sit outside when the weather is nice and grill, so cool grill things will be really fun to register for/start to use. Also, indoor things, like my mom got us a Cuisinart griddle press to make grilled cheese, pannini's, etc on. We love stuff like that.

Nikisha: I don't think it is tacky at all to have an adoption registery. Like CNF said, it's way different than a honeymoon registery, and I think people would be happy to contribute money to that. I know I would.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • I got a KitchenAid a couple of Christmases ago, and let me tell you, they are every bit as awesome as they seem!! You'll love having one.

Nikisha, that's a really sweet idea, and not tacky at all.

TMI: I have had several wardrobe malfunctions over the years, but the worst was when I was in college. I was strutting along the main drag, feeling like hot sh!t in my little pleated mini skirt, walking in front of a restaurant with outdoor seating, when a big gust of wind hit me, blew my skirt up, and revealed to all of the diners that I was wearing a skimpy little thong. Classy, right?

Tell Us: II'm registering for and want a Dyson Animal so bad. We have a lab mix dog who sheds like it's his job, and two kitties who do their fair share of making sure everything in our house has fur on it. We've got a lower-end vaccuum meant for pets, but I really, really want the Dyson.

• Our dog is a horrible shdder too. Our vaccum is also a hand me down. To vaccum our living room rug (8'x10') takes me five or six times of dumping out the bagless container thingy. And that's just one rug. It's so obnoxious. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • TMI: Yes.. In high school I bought a dress with um.. insufficient straps? I was at a school dance, dancing with a ex-bf (who happens to be gay by that point) and my boob just pops out and he grabs it to cover up lol.. yea.. I am glad I thought to put safety pins in my purse.. Took about 6 of them to put the dress back together

TU: We're going to do a small registry since all we really need are upgrades.. I honestly think my FI is more excited about registering than I am lol.. 
    June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TMI:  When I was in middle school my friends and I decided to go to this pier where everyone would hang out and jump off. Once you jumped off you had to climb up onto a dock to get back onto the pier. Climbing up my bathing suit top got stuck to the wood and ripped right off. Of course who wears a bikini to jump off a pier right? Only the little girls looking to get the guys attention - and I clearly did that haha.
    Tell Us:  I am most looking forward to getting really amazing sheets. I just can't bring myself to spend a lot of money on sheets right now so we have been getting all of our sheets are target or walmart. I want really really nice ones. FI and I are also looking forward to money so we can afford a down payment on a house.
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • TMI:  Haha yes. I was wearing low cut jeans and had to bend over to pick up something I dropped and my sister pointed out after the fact that my thong was showing that entire time in the middle of the mall. 

Tell Us: I'm very excited about getting a stand mixer because I love baking and hate holding the mixer! I'm also very excited to pick out our comforter set and to get new towels. Pretty much I am excited for everything. I live in an appt for college now and FI lives in the dorms on base so we basically have nothing and what we do have is really cheap. 
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TMI: Omg. I just had one over the weekend! FI and I took our daughter to the amusement park and one of the rides was a tube water slide. The three of us couldn't go all together, so he went with her and I went by myself. At the bottom of the slide my tube flipped over, I went under water, and somehow when I came out one of my boobs fell out of my bikini top. I think FI was happy that the lifeguards on that particular ride were all women. lol

TU: I am most looking forward to getting new sheets, we are definitely in need of an upgrade.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TMI:  I have not..yet. I am sure it will happen some point in this lifetime. Lol.

Tell Us:  I just love the tangerine Kitchenaid stand mixer, but I registered for red since I didn't know how many would actually online shop. I love to bake so it would be a huge help and a step up from the mixer I used at my parents. I am excited for new towels and bed sheets. FI knows how frustrated I am with the fitted sheet that comes undone I swear every 3 days. I think it's lost its elasticity. The FI's oils in his skin are kinda weird sometimes and turned my dorm towels yellow in places (they're blue and from Walmart). He said he'd done it to some at home, so I feel like I need to double what I register for now so we have "nice" ones to set out only for guests and he can ruin some. Lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards