June 2013 Weddings
Options

How to ask your BP???

How did you girls ask your maids to be in your wedding?? I thought of mailing them each a crystal bridal party tank with a poem enclosed so they don't feel pressured to answer on the spot and I live kind of far away from the one maid (like an hour) is this to awkward?

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!

Re: How to ask your BP???

• Options
    I gave them each a homemade card with a poem and a note about how much they meant to me and why I wanted to ask them.  And then gave them each a ring pop!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I called them or skyped w/ them because we're all long distance. I think a tshirt would add a different sort of pressure than being asked on the spot, but still it's pressure. What is she supposed to do if she declines? awkwardly mail it back? I think it's a nice gesture but I'd take some more time to ask (my BM's are all family so that's why i asked early), especially if you have girls who you may think would decline. When you're ready to ask, a card like leed mentioned would be really nice.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    For most of mine I sent out a "will you be my bridesmaid" card from Etsy. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I asked in person... didn't do anything fancy, I just asked when I had the right moment!  I'm not very mushy or showy, so I didn't want to make a production out of it.  I'll probably pull out my mushy side just before the wedding and give them letters or cards saying how appreciative I am and how much I love them and what not. ;)

I agree that the t-shirt might be a different sort of pressure.  LIke, if you didn't want to or couldn't be in the wedding party, you get this package and your heart sinks when you open it... then you have to call and awkwardly be like, "um... thanks for the package, but..."   You could do it if you knew for absolutely sure that they'd say yes enthusiastically, i.e. they'd risk flood and fire to be there sort of thing.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I guess I'm behind, I know who I'm going to ask, but have not actually asked anyone yet!  I'll probably just wait until I see each of them in person.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I asked my MOH the day I got engaged, because she was with us when FI proposed, I asked one of my BMs in person when she was in town (and she flipped out, in a good way!) my other BMs are cousins that have to arrange to travel to the US (including visas, etc) so I asked them already too, on the chance that my cousins are unable to make it, I am asking my friends from school closer to december, when I know whether my cousins' stuff is all ready to go.

If you are concerned about putting pressure on her, I would skype her or ask her next time you see her in person, i think that may be less awkward than the shirt, if you think she'll say yes, there is a cute little box on pinterest very similar to your idea, I believe the pin was from etsy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't do anything cute or fancy. My MOH was one of my first phone calls after FI proposed, so I asked her right then. My sister was there for the proposal so I asked her on the spot. All of my other BM's simply got an email saying that I would love for them to be standing up there with me on the big day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_how-to-ask-your-bp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:a7b5472a-2a9d-4f67-82ee-e9a78d0f8744Post:a92608a4-da49-4266-98d7-774645c986f5">Re: How to ask your BP???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I'm behind, I know who I'm going to ask, but have not actually asked anyone yet!  I'll probably just wait until I see each of them in person.
    Posted by Meghannsix[/QUOTE]

If your behind, I am behind too. I dont think we are though, I didnt want to ask too far in advance. I know exactly who I am going to ask, and I just ordered my bridesmaids <a href="http://www.etsy.com/listing/85089187/will-you-be-my-bridesmaid-card" rel="nofollow">cards</a> (<-clicky) from etsy a couple days ago, so hopefully they will be here next week and I can start asking my girls in person as I see them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I just asked mine in person when I saw them...nothing fancy for me!
  • Options
    I just asked.

• Options
    I've had a small group of 3 best friends for many, many years and I didn't really have to ask. They just kind of knew? It wasn't odd, though it sounds it. They came up for lunch a few weeks later (we're all at different colleges) and I have them little gift bag as a thank you for being there for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've had a small group of 3 best friends for many, many years and I didn't really have to ask. They just kind of knew? It wasn't odd, though it sounds it. They came up for lunch a few weeks later (we're all at different colleges) and I have them little gift bag as a thank you for being there for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards