June 2013 Weddings
Options

alterations

WHen are you getting yours done?

I don't think I need any other than bustle...is now too early? (date is june 8)

or should I wait until closer to time?
Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
 CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!

Re: alterations

• Options
    My dress isn't in yet. I'm not planning on alterations until most likely April.

But then again, I need some taking in and that so not sure if they will let me wait until that late lol.

Sorry, I'm not much help lol
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Options
    For what it's worth, my alterations are already done. All my gown needed was a hem and the salon reccomended starting alterations last month in case a lot needed done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm actually going to make my first appointment this afternoon. I am going to aim for sometime in early April for the first, mid May for the second, and mid June for the final. 
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had my first alterations appointment a few weeks ago. My dress needed a few things done (cups sewn in, the bodice taken in, straps shortened, hem and bustle). It's got lace appliques all over it that and some of them have to be removed before any work can be done, so my seamstress requested that we start early, especially because she gets very busy during prom season. I'll go back for one more fitting a little closer to the date to make sure it's all good, and then it should be ready for me to pick up June 1st (wedding date is June 22nd, but I'm picking it up a few weeks early because the seamstress is located over an hour away from my house- not a drive I want to be making any closer to the date).
  • Options
    I'm scheduling my appointment for March/April, but my dress needs to be taken in in addition to the bustle. Maybe call your alteration place and see what they suggest for timeline?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:a9655f59-95c1-498f-a4e1-5377d5e60c3cPost:5329b32f-5cb8-4cf5-9a38-c002ab7a1662">Re: alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm scheduling my appointment for March/April, but my dress needs to be taken in in addition to the bustle. Maybe call your alteration place and see what they suggest for timeline?
    Posted by anastassiiat[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>wow lots of different suggestions, but I guess it depends on the sitch.</div><div>
    </div><div>i'll def call see what they reccomend, thanks ladies :)  heres to perfect fits all around!!</div>
    Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
     CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!
  • Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2013
    I'm not planning to get mine altered until mid April and I'm a June 1st wedding. I need a hem, a bustle, cups sewn in and I need the bodice taken in significantly. I'm not too worried. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My alterations place told me to make my appointment for my first fitting for sometime in April.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I called and asked my alterations place when I should come in - they told me late April.  I need a hem and a bustle.  I told them I would call back late March to make an appointment, but then she told me that their evenings are already getting booked up.  I picked a place close to work to keep my weekends free.  Sure enough, in a two week period, they had one appointment between 6 and 7 pm.  So I've scheduled mine. 
  • Options
    My wedding is June 15, and I have my first fitting March 2.  I am having the back redesigned, bustle and taken in through the hip area.  I will have 2 more fittings after the major work is done. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our alterations place said they wouldn't start more than 2 months before the wedding.  Otherwise if you gain or lose weight, they would have to re-do the work which is a waste of time and moolah :P

~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have mine today and my wedding is June 8th too but I'm having the zipper off and getting a corrset back put in place
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Im getting married the same day and I need a hem, bustle, and the halter taken in and Im not getting mine done till April.  It all depends on who is going to do your alterations though.  I would call around and ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards