June 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Wednesday

Morning gals. Get anything done last week? What's going on this week?
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• Options
    Ridiculous I tell you! I mean, I might get the urge to monogram EVERYTHING if I don't leave.

But really now. Our invitations showed up over the weekend. I put together the ones for our WP and parents since we'll be seeing them all within the next two weeks. Otherwise I'll stuff, stamp, lick, etc when I get back from DC next week. Everything I ordered last week actually came; my garter and accessories, rock candy. Emailed my coordinator last night about the floor plan and with some questions about decorations. Nothing too major. We have a HUGE to do list but I can't say any one thing is on docket at this point. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    This week I'm just trying to get my invitation wording finalized so that we can order them soon. And this weekend my florist is delivering the centerpiece sample. 

Next week we have an appointment with our Cantor about officiating. After that we have two cake tastings. Oh and FI's suit will be ready to pick up from alterations at Brooks Brothers.

That's it for now... aside from my nerves starting to mount. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    This is my favorite day to read posts bc your girls domes and to dos keep me on track. Last week we picked out tuxes, well they are really suits, but rentals none the less. And we went and tasted cupcakes, and I met with a florist and put down a deposit. I found some shell plant holders online so I ordered a couple to see if they would work for an arrangement . I also ordered a pair of glittery toms and they came yesterday. I think I am going to keep them. I am very accident prone. And I ordered a off the shoulder bolero/lace shirt for my dress that I should have tomorrow. This week is a pretty sucky week so not sure what I will do. Yesterday was my first wedding anniv. and this Monday is the 14 yr anniv. my husband died. It feels weird planning a wedding but I also know he would be so happy for me. He actually tried finding me a husband before he died. So this week everything just feels a little bittersweet.
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    emilyb213emilyb213 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer
    edited January 2013
    I ordered about 1/2 of our invitation pieces from Vistaprint last week, and I need to get my hands on two more groupons to order the rest.

I also found a dress for the rehearsal dinner: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/the-fuchsia-looks-bright-dress. It came in the other day and it's really pretty.

I spent most of the day Friday working on and off on our centerpieces and made some progress there. We also stopped at the jeweler's so my fiance could try on his wedding band and make sure it fit. I used the free prints code from Shutterfly the other day to order a bunch of prints of our engagement pictures, and I plan on using those in the double sided frames for our table numbers. All little stuff, but I'm just trying to maintain forward progress right now.

I'm going shopping with my mom and grandma this weekend so that they can look for stuff to wear for the wedding. We're also going to stop at Joann Fabrics and take a look at stuff there for the table runners my mom said she'd make.

Ugh, there's so much stuff that we need to do still, and I'm just...whatever.
  • Options
    emilyb213emilyb213 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:b7388205-cbd0-4127-9fc8-97be20950867Post:680ee714-73ed-42f5-b638-e70dd1665cd2">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is my favorite day to read posts bc your girls domes and to dos keep me on track. Last week we picked out tuxes, well they are really suits, but rentals none the less. And we went and tasted cupcakes, and I met with a florist and put down a deposit. I found some shell plant holders online so I ordered a couple to see if they would work for an arrangement . I also ordered a pair of glittery toms and they came yesterday. I think I am going to keep them. I am very accident prone. And I ordered a off the shoulder bolero/lace shirt for my dress that I should have tomorrow. This week is a pretty sucky week so not sure what I will do. Yesterday was my first wedding anniv. and this Monday is the 14 yr anniv. my husband died. It feels weird planning a wedding but I also know he would be so happy for me. He actually tried finding me a husband before he died. So this week everything just feels a little bittersweet.
    Posted by ciligirl[/QUOTE]

**Hugs**
  • Options

We finally put a deposit down on a florist, we put a deposit down on our honeymoon yay Jamacia, My mom and I have an appointment Friday to pick out the wedding invitations and shower invitations, so the next couple days I need to figure out my wording and triple check how many invitations I need for both.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We ordered our invitations on Monday! And FI's parents booked the rehersal dinner restaurant. Not sure what I'm doing next, might take a little break.
  • Options
    I'm a bit late sorry.... Was a productive week. Ordered and paid for the bouquets (silk) and got my bridal Parties dresses. Invites are done and addressed and we went ahead and made the decision to send the ones to our out of state guests so they can go ahead with making travel arrangements. Felt like a very productive week. Next up is designing the center pieces.
  • Options
    I haven't posted to this board yet..I've mainly been on my local board but reading your weekly updates is really helping me stay on track!

This week we ordered invitations, should have the proof next week.  I also got my shower/bachelorette party shoes and FI's parents booked a restaurant for the rehersal dinner.  I also approved the table number proofs and paid for them, so hopefully they will be arriving soon.

I found out that our reception venue doesn't provide menus, dinner will be a choice of four options, do you think I should DIY them or just have the waiters verbally tell guests the dinner choices?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm finally getting some checks done!  FI got his guys together and ordered kilts (YAY!).  Now to get my ManOH on the ball since he was sick that day Tongue Out

Flowers are ordered and I'm very excited because we came in under budget, I'm getting my yellow accents (although I'm kind of sad because I won't be able to use daffodils, they're not in season) and the florist had some GREAT ideas of what to use for the dark purple flowers in place of irises (which I felt were too overpowering for the bouquet I wanted).

Catering is DONE!  I've been wanting to get this done for months and FI drug his feet.  I finally took the ball and we completed our menu last night (although after getting the quote today I have a few questions for the catering manager).  We went a little over budget on this but not bad.

My next projects are to revise the RSVP card to include a place to indicate how many adults and how many kids will be attending (the caterer offers a kids buffet which is over half the price of the adult buffet) and to get that darn lantern glass painted!!!!!  I've been saying I'm going to get that done for months now and with everything that's been going on I haven't gotten it done!  FI's next task is to string the sea glass necklaces he finished constructing and to do kilt pins and brooches for the wedding party.

Saturday I'm going dress shopping with my BMs!!!!  YAY!  AND my FMIL has started on the "test dress" to make sure everything is the way I want it before she starts cutting into that bridal satin we purchased.  I'm having SUCH a hard time containing my excitement over my bridal gown.  I just want to go over to her house and bounce up and down like a little kid until she's finished, LOL.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:b7388205-cbd0-4127-9fc8-97be20950867Post:879d9219-8e63-4c3d-baea-3154b18afe30">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't posted to this board yet..I've mainly been on my local board but reading your weekly updates is really helping me stay on track! This week we ordered invitations, should have the proof next week.  I also got my shower/bachelorette party shoes and FI's parents booked a restaurant for the rehersal dinner.  I also approved the table number proofs and paid for them, so hopefully they will be arriving soon. I found out that our reception venue doesn't provide menus, dinner will be a choice of four options, do you think I should DIY them or just have the waiters verbally tell guests the dinner choices?
    Posted by lexi913[/QUOTE]

My suggestion would be to DIY them if you have the time.  It'll give people like me (who can't make a decision on food in a short period of time) the chance to peruse the menu and have their choice ready when the waiters come.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi girls:

I was lazy this weekend so took a wedding break :)  But this week so far I confirmed a bridal shower date, and on Sunday I'm doing bridesmaid shopping with my girls--they are troopers, we picked the date prior to knowing it was the super bowl, and once the 49ers made it I thought for sure we would re-schedule, and when no other dates worked for everyone they were all on board to keep the 3rd and one of them even is hosting a party for those who want to stay around and watch the game aferwards :)  I also found my girls, I think, and when I go home next weekend I will try them on to decide for sure.  Still need to reschedule my florist consultation, set up cake tasting and set up make up trial and register!  Hopefully by mid Feb I'll have that all together so we can focus on ordering invitations.   

Anniversary
  • Options

I got my bridesmaid gifts this week and had my floral consultation. Collected all the addresses for my bridal shower. Meeting with my aunt to look at her candy dishes. She offered to get the candy :)
  • Options
    I love this board!

So far I am slacking on getting my invites done. I have been so busy with so many other things that it's driving me crazy. This weekend though, getting those invites done is priority 1!

My focus this weekend will be to get copies of the paper I plan on using as my envelope liners, and also get copies done of the actual invitation. It's all DIY and I did the calligraphy for my invites by hand (thank you art background)!  But now it's time to get those printed out and begin putting it all together. Wish me luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards