June 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Wednesday

Everyone being productive?
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• Options
    I felt productive this week, but it was mostly boring stuff. 

I finally called and made a florist appointment
    I made a second tasting at the bakery we want to book
    I canceled (temporarily) my make up trial. It was supposed to be tonight but I really need to wait until after the holidays when I have more money to pay for it. She has me booked, so it's really no rush
    I called our DJ to add ceremony music to our contract. He was on a call on the other line and was supposed to call me back but hasn't. That's how he rolls, so I'm not concerned.
    I ordered ten more bouquets of orange silk gerbera daisies. I now have enough for all five of my girls bouquets and all my center pieces. I also ordered three bouquets of purple silk tulips to make the guys bouts out of and to add to the girls bouquets. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have big stuff for this week!! I've had the worst time keeping quiet about it until today.

We have an officiant!! We asked my aunt (who is also my godmother) this past weekend, since she was home for my sister's wedding. She got all teary-eyed and told us that she'd love to officiate for us. I'm so excited.

We also had an AWESOME floral consultation on Monday night. We met with a mother and daughter who work out of their home, near where my fiance grew up. It turned out that they knew him and his family. They also did the flowers for our friends' wedding a couple years ago, and they're doing weddings for two of our other friends next year. They were sooo nice, didn't try to push us into more expensive flowers, and when I told them that my sister just got married, they said they'd do their best to keep the cost down for my parents' sake. I'm just waiting on the quote from them before sending in the deposit. When I described what I wanted, they pulled together a mock-up for me (which was exactly what I had in mind), and sent us home with two bouquets of flowers. Can you tell I'm excited about finding them? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:c42e73ea-212b-49de-8366-9a1532d8bd20Post:9910d484-3e53-4997-995c-5c68c47d2869">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I felt productive this week, but it was mostly boring stuff.  I finally called and made a florist appointment I made a second tasting at the bakery we want to book I canceled (temporarily) my make up trial. It was supposed to be tonight but I really need to wait until after the holidays when I have more money to pay for it. She has me booked, so it's really no rush I called our DJ to add ceremony music to our contract. He was on a call on the other line and was supposed to call me back but hasn't. That's how he rolls, so I'm not concerned. <strong>I ordered ten more bouquets of orange silk gerbera daisies. I now have enough for all five of my girls bouquets and all my center pieces. I also ordered three bouquets of purple silk tulips to make the guys bouts out of and to add to the girls bouquets.</strong> 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

Where are you ordering your flowers from, cnf? My daughters and I love the idea of keeping our bouquets as keepsakes, but I haven't seen any fakes yet that look realistic. My small-town area doesn't have a craft store with flowers other than Wal Mart, though. I was thinking I'd order samples online if I heard great reviews about a site or brand. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    I just ordered right off amazon surprisingly enough. I found that people reviewed them since people also do amazon reviews and that was helpful to pick out realistic looking ones. Also, can't beat those amazon prices. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Morning :)

Well, I found the dress as most of you know so thats a huge check off my plate lol (Going back Nov 1st to show my mom and purcahse!!)

This week my focus has been invitations. FI has been hounding me to finally think about what I want to create for ours, so that's on my plate for the next little while.

I also need to book a limo as well.. I got all the quotes now to just meet up with one and book lol

I think that's all I've done last/this week?
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Options
    I've done nothing - yet again.

My dress did come in though.
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:c42e73ea-212b-49de-8366-9a1532d8bd20Post:b0045cab-a941-4f69-9e3c-1f05e3703047">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just ordered right off amazon surprisingly enough. I found that people reviewed them since people also do amazon reviews and that was helpful to pick out realistic looking ones. Also, can't beat those amazon prices. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea! Amazon never even occurred to me! I've bought quite a bit off of their BECAUSE of their review system. Thanks!
  • Options
    Ever have the feeling like you've gotten a lot done, but then when you look at what you have left to do, it seems like nothing is done? Lol. That's about where I'm at right now. My checklist on here slightly overwhelms me, even after deleting half the 'to-do's' that we don't have to worry about. Still so much left to do...

Now after my rant.... I met with a baker on Friday. It was good, not great, but they quoted me a really good price on our cake. Not sure if I want to go with them or not, still indecisive. We also did our engagment pictures, which so far from the few sneak peaks she's put up on FB, they look great! Very excited about them. I got a few things in the mail to start working on some more DIY projects. I still have no clue on BM dresses. And now I'm reconsidering our invites. I found some on Etsy that I love, but no way can i justify the cost. And I can't find/create a victorian design to recreate the invites myself. So still working on those and hopefully I'll be able to recreate it myself in Photoshop and go that route.

• Options
    Lady, have you considered purchasing a downloadable custom invitation file from a vendor on Etsy then printing them yourself? That's what we're doing.

If you search "printable victorian wedding invitiation" you should get some results.
  • Options
    My BMs and I went dress shopping on Saturday and they found a dress they all like.  My junior bridesmaid is wearing a flower girl dress in a similar color to the bridesmaid dresses.  She is so excited to wear the dress and wanted to know if she getting the sample to take home, too cute.  We bought stamps for the save the dates and just need 4 more addresses for FI's family and they will be sent out.  His coworkers can wait.
    We have our engagement pictures on Sunday, still trying to figure out the logistics but excited to work with our photographer.
  • Options
    I was pretty productive too.  I started picking ceremony music, it's been very tough since not every piece of music sounds good on the bagpipes, LOL.  So far I've gotten the music for the wedding party's entrance, my entrance and the music for my son and FSIL's duet picked out.

FI and I reviewed the vow options my pastor provided and we both agreed that we really didn't like any of the options.  So I started researching other options online and came up with a few that we thought were okay.  I saved them to my computer and we'll review them again later.  I'm not sure we'll love any of the vows but I was so hoping there would be one set we'd really like.

Last week I did the outlines for the faux stained glass painting on the lanterns for the lantern bearers.  I got 6 pieces of glass (2 sides of 3 lanterns) outlined and ready for painting.  The other 6 pieces are a little more detailed so I only got one of those outlined in marker.

Last night I finished painting the rest of the chalkboards I purchased from another Knottie.  When they arrived at my house they were very rustic looking.  I coated them with a good dose of bright blue paint on the frames and chalkboard paint on the chalkboard and now they're very vibrant looking with nice clean surfaces.  Ready for some painting!  I also went out and purchased chalkboard markers to give the writing more of a clean look instead of using chalk.

I heard back from my veil lady!!!!  She sent me a revised picture of what my veil will look like and it's GORGEOUS.  She started out using white thread to embroidery the design I wanted and I asked her to change the thread color to silver and it worked out really well.  Now I need to decide what edge I want on it.

I've been having some difficulty with my printer on the STDs.  The first proof he sent me looked great except they didn't have the font I used on my computer, which was pretty important to me.  So I sent them the font and they worked up another proof.  I went to check that proof before I left town last week and was appalled because, while the font was right, the colors on the proof were dull and awful looking!  So I had to send them the picture files I used (seems as though they have a hard time working with publisher files) and I'm waiting on another proof.  I'm a little frustrated but I'm getting such a great deal on all the printed stuff I think it's silly to throw a fit right now.  I'll reconsider if his company continues to mess up.

I tentatively planned the driving route for our mini-moon.  FI and I love to see historic sites so we planned a route that will take us by several.

Whew!  That seems like about it.  I'm trying to get my FI on the ball with the kilts, asking the photographer some questions about timing for first look pictures and asking his cousin (who pipes professionally) some questions about music so I can finish some of my items up.  I have an appointment with a MUA who's supposed to be very good on Saturday but I want to cancel that because I found out she also does wedding hair so I want to schedule everything at once and then maybe do some more pictures the day I get all that done to have set up at the wedding reception.  Smile
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Ladyluck I feel the same way!

We got our e-pics done on Sunday, CHECK!
    I've gotten almost all the addresses I need to start making my labels for out STD's, ALMOST CHECK!
    We have two more cake tastings this weekend, I emailed my DOC to set up our tasting so I know what to print on the RSVP cards. 

I think thats it for this week :)

imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well, after taking a couple weeks off of wedding planning I think I am ready to get the ball rolling again. I just got our e-pic back from our photog over the weekend, so FI and I have an appointment at a local invitation shop in a few hours to pick out our save the dates and get them ordered, hopefully today. I am just tracking down all the address and making sure everything on our wedding website looks good.

My dress came in about 2 weeks ago and I still need to go in and try it on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Well you ladies seem productive. I haven't done anything wedding related lately I don't believe. I've mainly just been focusing on school. Plus I don't think there's much more I can do right now. We're kind of at a stalling point right now until November when I order my flowers.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:c42e73ea-212b-49de-8366-9a1532d8bd20Post:360c44f6-aed5-406f-83eb-87bb8de8b786">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Wednesday : Where are you ordering your flowers from, cnf? My daughters and I love the idea of keeping our bouquets as keepsakes, but I haven't seen any fakes yet that look realistic. My small-town area doesn't have a craft store with flowers other than Wal Mart, though. I was thinking I'd order samples online if I heard great reviews about a site or brand. 
    Posted by Julie2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Just thought I'd share where I'm getting mine from since I'm getting fake flowers as well. </div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.wedideas.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.wedideas.com</a></div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:c42e73ea-212b-49de-8366-9a1532d8bd20Post:b6b1d98e-112d-49fc-ba18-9f1fb3884062">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lady, have you considered purchasing a downloadable custom invitation file from a vendor on Etsy then printing them yourself? That's what we're doing. If you search "printable victorian wedding invitiation" you should get some results.
    Posted by emilyb213[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the suggestion. I will look and see if I can find something that I like.  Here is the one that I am currently stuck on.
    <a href="http://www.etsy.com/listing/51806364/wedding-invitations-victorian-filigree?category=weddings.paper-goods.invitations.wedding" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/listing/51806364/wedding-invitations-victorian-filigree?category=weddings.paper-goods.invitations.wedding</a> 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:c42e73ea-212b-49de-8366-9a1532d8bd20Post:7c59c95d-db2e-4e1d-86de-ac21a73a3c1f">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Wednesday : Just thought I'd share where I'm getting mine from since I'm getting fake flowers as well.  <a href="http://www.wedideas.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.wedideas.com</a>
    Posted by bethsuch060113[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Bethsuch! Gonna go look there now! :)
  • Options
    I have done absolutely nothing WR in like a month and a half besides taking our E-pics. We got them sometime last week, and I have yet to order stds. I am really not motivated and I cannot figure out why :/. I know there is so much I need to do, but I just keep telling myself I will get it done, but not doing it. It's a bit overwhelming actually. But on a good not, our epics look good, and that's a start for the stds. 
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got a lot done this past weekend. We FINALLY got our save the dates out (after I'd been waiting for months for my FI family to get me the rest of their addresses). We sent them out on Monday and apparently people are already receiving them because a few people have told me how much they like them! :) 
    I also worked on a spreadsheet with what we've spent so far and how much we still owe and whatnot. That put my mom's mind at ease a bit, so it is a little bit of a stress reliever for me.
    I added a couple things to our catering contract (mostly just a few little things for the cocktail hour while we're getting pictures taken). 
    I'm currently working on deciding on invitations. I'm trying to go through the same company we used for our save the dates because I was extremely happy with their customer service as well as how they turned out. They are letting me pick out designs I like and then their using those and our save the date design to come up with something coordinating. I'm super excited to see what they come up with and what they quote us for. I hope it isn't too bad of a price (our save the dates were reasonable).
    Now, if I could just get my FI to decide on a date for cake tasting so we can check that off the list. Our caterer has a lady who works for them who also does wedding cakes and I would love to go with her if the cake tasting goes well. 
    We have an appointment with a florist in about 2 weeks and I'm hoping we get that nailed down.
    The only two "big" vendors we have left to find are the florist and baker, so hopefully we can get those nailed down ASAP.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my you ladies are so on top of it. I spent the morning researching venues. I found one I liked and I think we are going to go visit on Saturday. Its all inclusive which would be a relief but he's taking forever emailing me package info. And none of the other venues have called me back yet. So frustrating!!! What's an average amount of time I should wait until I call/email again?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't done much of anything... we did sign up for our pre-cana class. We are doing it in Janurary! I'm excited!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I've already AW'ed this on facebook, we booked our florist! I was really nervous about the meeting, since I have no creativity whatsoever, but the florist was awesome, she went over all the details, and we even decided to switch our centerpieces to cube vases filled with water and with a fuji mum and some purple flower that I already don't remember the name of lol inside. And we'll have votive candles and flower petals around, too. And we stayed within our budget on flowers, too, yay!!!
    Othr than that not much else, but we are looking into limos to book next. FI has a vacation week next week, so we'll have more time to go over all the details. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am a little relieved to know I am not the only one stressing about what is not done. We are having our epics Friday and of course I have a zit. Lol. We sent out our stds. Picked out our invites I just have to finalize wording and fonts but she said we can do that in February, or March. I love them. I hope to get the supplies ordered to make BM bouquets because my bf is all over me because she wants to help, thank God. We will do BM dresses over Christmas since all of them are either in college or boarding school. I have a florist reserved so I may try to meet with her before the holidays because I am still debating fakes. And I found a place to rent custom table toppers so I may try to go there in the next few weeks to see what they have so I can nail down colors. I have so many things saved on etsy that I want to order but really need to figure out the colors first. And I should probably email the minister at the church about setting up a meeting to be sure we like him. Holy crap, when you write it all out it is overwhelming. But my venue doesn't even want to meet to discuss food until January. Is that odd?
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards