June 2013 Weddings

Dance routines suggestions

Now that we have a venue, we see we've got room for a dance floor!  My best friend, my girls (11 yo & 13 yo), and I want to do a choreographed dance just for the fun of it.  Nothing fancy or original, just something family friendly and fairly easy to remember.  My girls have suggested the line dances to Boot Scootin' Boogie by Brooks & Dunn and Ice Cream Freeze by Miley Cyrus.  And we all ruled out Cha Cha Slide just because we got sick of it.  Anybody else have any good ideas?

Anybody else doing anything choreographed?  We don't plan to do this as a spotlight dance or make sure the crowd stops to watch us, we just thought it'd be fun while the party is underway.
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Dance routines suggestions

• The Thriller dance is always a good one!!

• I second Thriller!  Another fun one that most people know is the Electric Slide (I've also heard it called the Bus Stop).
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like Thriller, but that would be more fun if your wedding was Halloween time. Although, a lot of guests know at least some of those dance moves, so it might get other people going too. Gangman style. If you don't know it, YouTube it. It's this Korean singer who is apparently blowing up the charts and performed on the Today Show in NY recently. The dance is funny if you can master it, lol. How about Glee? I don't watch it, but don't they have choreographed dances? Or High School Musical? I know they have some, and they weren't too hard to learn because the middle school I worked at last year did some for a play. If I think of anything else, I'll let u know.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Well we are doing something similar, just havent picked the songs, we are line dancing.  I want something simple for the maids who don't already know it.  We will probably do like Any man of mine and Copperhead Road and maybe one other slightly more advanced one.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thanks you guys! I'm off to youtube these ...  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards