June 2013 Weddings
Options

Wishes

Happy Friday!!!!! Hope you all have a 3 day weekend coming up :) Here's a Friday thread to keep us occupied throughout the day

If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be?
Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image

Re: Wishes

• Options
    1. I wish that I could have the means/ability to travel the world with FI and family any time we would like.

2. I would wish for money, but if my "wish granting genie" wouldn't let me wish for that, then I would wish that I could get a good, stable, tenure track teaching job in a district I was happy at, because i know I wouldn't mind going to work if I could get back in the classroom.

3. I'd wish for endless wishes!!!!! Haha, take that Genie (I don't know how to spell that)

I'll probably like some of your wishes better and steal them later in the day, lol. I always do that, you girls have such good/creative ideas that when I post early i always want to change my mind, lol.
  • Options
    1. I wish I could see my FI every day and never have to be long distance again.

2. I wish for this year to fly by so I can get married and pass my NCLEX to be a nurse.

3. I also wish we had the means and leave time to be able to travel around the world
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For my FI to hit the lottery so he doesn't have to do warehouse work anymore

For me to get a fabulous full time job when I graduate next spring

to have 500 more wishes lol
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rmp, I hope you realize you've become the unofficial Friday thread girl. ;)

Hopefully everyone's Friday goes quickly!!

1. I'd wish for the time and the money to travel anywhere, any time.

2. I'd wish for enough $$ to pay off my student loans, our mortgage, and any other debt we've got, along with enough money to do the upgrades and repairs to our house that we'd like to do now. It's frustrating to know what we'd like to do with our house, but only being able to tackle one thing at a time once we've saved up the cash for it.

3. I know it's ridiculous to blow a wish on this when I could probably use it for other, more worthwhile things, but I'd wish for my dog to live as long as I do and remain in good health. I've had him since he was a puppy, and now he's six. He's the best dog I've ever had and I'm going to be a mess when something happens to him.
  • Options
    1. I'd wish that my family is always in good health and that we all live long and happy lifes.

2. I'd wish that FI and I have enough money so that we could have our own business. We'd love to live somewhere on the beach and own something fun, like a water sports rental place or a cafe.

3. I'd also wish for endless wishes, but if that doesn't work I'd wish for our daughter to not have any problems getting into any school/sport/etc. that she wants.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wishes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:cb39162d-5adb-4618-8cc7-27e84f92a69fPost:1b582a3d-5cfe-4147-acb9-57e0eec36eef">Re: Wishes</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I'd wish that my family is always in good health and that we all live long and happy lifes. <strong>2. I'd wish that FI and I have enough money so that we could have our own business. We'd love to live somewhere on the beach and own something fun, like a water sports rental place or a cafe.</strong> 3. I'd also wish for endless wishes, but if that doesn't work I'd wish for our daughter to not have any problems getting into any school/sport/etc. that she wants.
    Posted by anastassiiat[/QUOTE]

<div>That's actually my parents tentative retirement plan, haha. They want to move to the USVI and rent jet skis off the beach.</div><div>
    </div><div>1. I'd also like to be financially able to travel, update our old house without breaking the bank, pay of our debts, and live comfortably. I don't need to be rich, but it'd be nice to actually save some money and not live so paycheck to paycheck.</div><div>
    </div><div>2. I'd wish for FI and I (and Griswold) to always be happy and healthy together.</div><div>
    </div><div>3. I want a full time teaching position in a really nice district. Not that I don't love my current job, but teaching pays better and has better benefits. Plus, I love being in the classroom. And along with careers, FI and our camp friends always talk about opening our own summer camp someday, so I wish that would come to fruition as well. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wishes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:cb39162d-5adb-4618-8cc7-27e84f92a69fPost:75473480-72bd-497f-872a-955a9ed88018">Re: Wishes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wishes : <strong>That's actually my parents tentative retirement plan, haha. They want to move to the USVI and rent jet skis off the beach.</strong> 1. I'd also like to be financially able to travel, update our old house without breaking the bank, pay of our debts, and live comfortably. I don't need to be rich, but it'd be nice to actually save some money and not live so paycheck to paycheck. 2. I'd wish for FI and I (and Griswold) to always be happy and healthy together. 3. I want a full time teaching position in a really nice district. Not that I don't love my current job, but teaching pays better and has better benefits. Plus, I love being in the classroom. And along with careers, FI and our camp friends always talk about opening our own summer camp someday, so I wish that would come to fruition as well. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

Funny you've mentioned USVI, FI and I actually came up with that wish after we visited St. Thomas in December. We loved it there, although I was confused by the whole driving on the opposite side of the road thing - FI drove all the time. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Emily, that's a big responsibility, but I'll rise to the challenge, haha. So many great wishes. I definitely wish we could all be financially stable. Like you guys, not greedy, but would like to never stress about money or work in jobs I/FI/family hate.
  • Options
    That's exactly it...I don't think any of us are looking to be independently wealthy, living in huge mansions, but it would be nice to not have to cut back in one area to save money for something else. I actually really like my job, and would keep doing something similar if I suddenly became weathly. Plus, I'd be bored out of my flipping mind if I didn't work. A couple years ago, I had about a 6 week gap between jobs, and I thought I was going to lose my mind in that six week period.
  • Options
    1. I wish that I could have my masters degree already.

2. I wish that my fiance and I both had secure well paid jobs in which we are happy. 

3. I wish that we lived in a perfect world where I wouldn't have to resort to making wishes, and hoping that some of them will come true. 
  • Options
    Beth, I love wish number 3.
  • Options
    cnhelbert, I love your Doctor Who sig!

1. That my husband could make as much money (or more!!) working in our area as he does at his current job roaming the entire North American continent.

2. That my kids die in their sleep of old age after having lived full, happy, long lives. (Yes, kind of morose, but it's my hope for them)

3. That I could aquire my dream home without paying a penny for it.

Julie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    1.  That everyone in my family could be healthy and happy for the rest of my life.  My dad had a really bad heart attack a few years ago, and I'm always so afraid that I'll get another phone call from the ER.  I know it's morbid sounding, but it was so difficult to go through and I never want to go through that with anyone I love ever again!

2.  That I could pay off my and my fiance's student loans and our future mortgage/car payments.  Basically that I would never be in debt again.

3.  That my fiance and I will have a long happy marriage filled with tons of adventures.  I want us to never have to think about divorce, and I want us to travel to tons of new places and live in different places.  When we're 100 years old I want to have a ton of crazy stories to tell my grandkids.

I love everyone's wishes by the way!  And if I had a 4th wish, it would be that 6/1/13 would be a sunny 75 degree day in Philly since I'm supposed to get married outside  : )
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wishes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:cb39162d-5adb-4618-8cc7-27e84f92a69fPost:6936af92-4257-4535-baba-c652852ad3c2">Re: Wishes</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  That everyone in my family could be healthy and happy for the rest of my life.  My dad had a really bad heart attack a few years ago, and I'm always so afraid that I'll get another phone call from the ER.  I know it's morbid sounding, but it was so difficult to go through and I never want to go through that with anyone I love ever again! 2.  That I could pay off my and my fiance's student loans and our future mortgage/car payments.  Basically that I would never be in debt again. 3.  That my fiance and I will have a long happy marriage filled with tons of adventures.  I want us to never have to think about divorce, and I want us to travel to tons of new places and live in different places.  When we're 100 years old I want to have a ton of crazy stories to tell my grandkids. I love everyone's wishes by the way!  <strong>And if I had a 4th wish, it would be that 6/1/13 would be a sunny 75 degree day in Philly since I'm supposed to get married outside </strong> : )
    Posted by KplusA[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Send that weather up to NY while your at it!

</div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My first wish is for everything to continue the way it's going without getting screwed up (FI loves his job but not sure on security, and I am getting my phd and working in a govt lab and hope that doesn't get screwed up) My second is to achieve the American dream, house, healthy children, job stability, and a couple fun hobbie on the side (we love boating and hunting). My third is to just live happily with my FI and we stay together for fifty plus years (basically stay healthy)
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My 3 wishes would be for my FI to get the job of his dreams at a law office of his dreams!`

I also would like a nice house and car. (my car is 15 years old so even a newer used one would be fine for me)

I would like to have a happy, healthy family!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards