June 2013 Weddings

Introduction and planning

Good day! I'm Patrice and I've been on The Knot for a year now and just figured out there was a board for us June Brides. Awesome!!!!!!! So far I've gotten my dress (thanks to Mommy), one bridesmaid got her dress, I have a deposit on my venue, photographer and videogrher. I'm getting stuck on everything else and what sucks is I'm also getting my certification for Wedding Planning but it' so much harder planning my own and doing everything myself. I get excited when I think of getting married to my fiancé that I've been with for 10 years. But, then I get an overwhelming feeling when I think about what I haven't done. Anyone else have these feelings?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Introduction and planning

• Welcome to the board! It's really friendly here as long as you're friendly in return lol. It took me a while on tk before I found the June 2013 board too.That's awesome that you've got your dress already. I've found mine, but haven't ordered it yet. I've got my venue and photographer already too. Lol my bridesmaids definitely haven't got their dresses they aren't even picked out yet lol. That's cool that you're getting your certification in Wedding Planning. That seems like it would be something really fun to do for the rest of your life. I'm sure it must be different planning your own though. There are stickies at the top of the board that you can fill out, and where you can see everyone's dates and such. We also have a facebook group! Have fun and good luck planning! 
    Smile
  • Welcome and hello!

Like Beth said, everyones really friendly here, so jump right in!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Nice to meet you, Tricie! I'm planning a vow renewal for June 2013. It'll be nice to get to know you here! :)

Julie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Its very nice to meet you! and thats great that u have so much done already!! I only have my ceremony, reception, and my organist booked nothing else so far!! but I totally understand the feeling you are talking about\, and I feel that way all the time! With me, I had to get an annulment from the Catholic Church before I could set my date and I just got it like last week!! My FI wants to get married in June 2013 and doesnt want to move it at all! I have talked to him on several occassions asking to push it back because I just feel overwhelmed and I have no clue what I am doing and it makes me wanna cry! I cant even decide on colors!! Like you said I am so excited to be marrying the man of my dreams, but at times that excitement goes away and i just want to give up because I am so overwhelmed! I hoping that the feeling goes away once I get it together and get the ball rolling! It makes me so happy to know that its just not me feeling this way!! Like you I just found this group too!! So welcome :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi and welcome!!!!! Look forward to getting to know you, feel free to jump in with any questions. I think we all feel a little stressed time to time, but we try to help each other through it. :)
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Hiiii!! Congrats and welcome!! What's your date? Do you have a picture of your dress? Tell us more about you and your fiance- how did he propose?
  • Welcome! If you get a chance to fill out the role call sticky at the top of the board I know a lot of us like to read them. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi and welcome to the board! Looking forward to getting to know you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome! Like the other girls said, everyone here is really nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This community truly has become my go-to place to totally immerse myself in wedding stuff, and this group of girls, I'm almost as excited for their weddings as I am my own.  Welcome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you so much! The dress was amazing. I couldn't believe it was right there in the store that day and my mom paid for it right then and there. I did join the Facebook group and I love it. My bridesmaids are on their own schedule. I'm not sweating anything until Decmeber. Once that six month window hit, they need to have it together. I promie that I wouldn't be a bridezilla but I can see how easy you can turn into one when people aren't on the same page as you on such an important day. In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_introduction-and-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:cc49246e-aa82-4b5a-a0a0-645c85108df3Post:e127d995-518c-4ccd-b25c-4d355eed49f7">Re: Introduction and planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the board! It's really friendly here as long as you're friendly in return lol. It took me a while on tk before I found the June 2013 board too.That's awesome that you've got your dress already. I've found mine, but haven't ordered it yet. I've got my venue and photographer already too. Lol my bridesmaids definitely haven't got their dresses they aren't even picked out yet lol. That's cool that you're getting your certification in Wedding Planning. That seems like it would be something really fun to do for the rest of your life. I'm sure it must be different planning your own though. There are stickies at the top of the board that you can fill out, and where you can see everyone's dates and such. We also have a facebook group! Have fun and good luck planning! 
    Posted by bethsuch060113[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My date is June 15. I posted a picture of my dress, the front and the back. We have an interesting story. We're both from Chicago and never met even though we lived two blocks apart. We met in the Navy in California. Funny, huh??? What's interesting is he gave me the ring but never proposed until like two years after i was wearing it. He finally set a date because every date inset it wasn't the right time form him so I waited for him. In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_introduction-and-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:cc49246e-aa82-4b5a-a0a0-645c85108df3Post:563d166a-12f4-4544-82b0-92a652bc6815">Re: Introduction and planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hiiii!! Congrats and welcome!! What's your date? Do you have a picture of your dress? Tell us more about you and your fiance- how did he propose?
    Posted by emilyb213[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you and I will fill out that form. In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_introduction-and-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:cc49246e-aa82-4b5a-a0a0-645c85108df3Post:6f67d8a7-b680-4b58-a16c-6f9d1e927341">Re: Introduction and planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! If you get a chance to fill out the role call sticky at the top of the board I know a lot of us like to read them. 
    Posted by bar10521[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards