June 2013 Weddings
Options

C & V Thursday

Confessions and vents go here!!

Re: C & V Thursday

• Options
    No confessions today.

Vent: A local scrapbook store has announced they're closing because the owners are retiring.  I'm on their mailing list because they would send out coupons and stuff and forwarded the announcement to my mom, who's also shopped there occasionally (we stopped shopping there as much when they started carrying more of what we didn't use than what we did use in our books) thinking she'd want to go look and see if they had any paper or whatever that she wanted (because anything discounted is awesome, right?).  I asked her if she wanted to go and she hemmed and hawed over it so I up and went after work one day.  The lines were outrageous and I almost missed my evening activity but I got a bunch of paper and stickers at a decent discount (and wiped out a credit I had sitting at the store to boot). I messaged her to let her know she probably wouldn't want to go quite yet because the discounts weren't great and the lines were really long and she started in on how she wasn't a preferred customer because she didn't get the email, blah, blah blah.  Just generally throwing herself up on the cross because she didn't get the email invitation.  Seriously?  It's a stupid sale, not some life changing event.  Get down off the cross and go to the sale if you want to go!  They weren't checking people at the door asking "Are you a preferred customer?  No?  I'm sorry you can't come in."  If she's going to require an engraved invitation for everything she's never going to do anything ever again.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards