June 2013 Weddings

Valentines Day

What is everyone doing for Valentines Day? any special traditions or do you not celebrate? anyone getting their FI a nice gift? ( I am always looking for suggestions since my FI is so stinkin hard to buy for)

We usually just go out to dinner at a really nice restaurant. We go out to eat quite often but not super expensive places (super expensive to us is like over $100).  I always get FI a card and some candy usually. We are both off work the whole day, so no idea what we are going to do during the day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Valentines Day

• I don't know how close you are to Allen Park, but Moro's is an amazing "special occasion" restaurant. I think we might go there for V-day as well. :)  

It's old school Italian, all of the servers had to start off as dishwashers and work their way up...so they know their stuff!  From the outside, it looks crappy but it's SO worth it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh and as for what we are doing, probably dinner at Moro's or go to downtown Plymouth to another favorite restaurant. :) I'm also going to print out a few of our pictures from my computer and put them in picture frames because FI always says how we don't have enough pictures of us out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We don't have plans yet for this Valentine's day.  We usually don't do anything special.  The only time we had a very memorable Valentine's day was when he proposed to me!  That year, we went out to dinner with friends then went to Chucky Cheese and played arcade games!  The proposal happened just after lunch.  Last year, I think we made dinner because we didn't want to deal with the crowds.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Valentines day is also our anniversary so we always try to do something.  Last year we weren't able to celebrate it until the weekend though because I had parent teacher conferences that night.  Usually we will go out to an expensive restaurant and go to a movie.  (If there's a chick flick, FI will actually go to it in the theatres on this one day for me.)

This year we will go out to eat and then the following weekend we will be celebrating by going on a weekend get away to the Ozarks.  While we are there we are looking at various venues for our wedding as well. 
  • Not doing too much, we will go to dinner that Sunday and exchange gifts/cards.  I didn't really get him a "gift" but I renewed his xbox live account for him lol.  I also snagged a sweet deal on a dinner so now he also doesn't have to treat me to dinner either lol. 
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We normally just go to dinner and do something low-key, but this year we will actually be on vacation in Disney World!!  Very excited about my first engaged Valentine's Day :)
  • Since Valentine's Day is on a Tuesday, FI and I won't get to see each other, but he'll be coming to visit me at school the weekend before for my birthday so I think we're going to celebrate then. I just ordered his present. He's really into cars and is slowly doing random stuff to his so I'm going with that. He wants a new shift boot (the fabric thing that goes around the shifter down to the console, I didn't know what it was either) but doesn't want to pay for it right now since he doesn't NEED it. So that's what he's getting. It'll be black leather with blue stitching to match his car. Not romantic, but I know he's expecting something super cheesy so this will be a nice surprise for him. :)
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Tanya, I just got back from Orlando...weather's gorgeous down there!!

My fiance has a wrestling match on Valentine's Day (he coaches), so I'll probably be asleep by the time he gets home...we both took off on the 13th since it's my birthday, so we'll spend that Monday together...probably go to breakfast or bunch, then who knows what. The weather here is usually pretty unpredictable around that time, so we try not to make plans that are set in stone (which happened our first Valentine's Day together...2 1/2 feet of snow later, we didn't make it to the fancy restaurant where we had reservations, and ended up eating at a nearby bar in our dress clothes because nothing else was open!!).

Hope everyone enjoys their Valentine's Day, regardless of what they end up doing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards