June 2013 Weddings

wedding wednesday

what planning are you up to this week? anything you are planning on checking off the list?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: wedding wednesday

• I will be making a couple initial phone calls this week. One to an officient and another to a florist. I'm hoping to make my decision on the officient this week. I have it narrowed down to 2.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We booked our caterer on Monday!!  I am so excited, his prices are reasonable, food is good, and I actually like this guy because he makes me feel at ease.  I talked to another photographer yesterday, and I think he is the front runner.  We met with another one a few weeks ago, he was alright but I wasn't wowed, I think this other guy will be perfect.  Our officiant sent us a huge book with all kinds of ceremonies.  It's about 150 pages, so I'm going to discreetly print it out at work so we can start looking at that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have to call my officiant this weekend to confirm and set an appointment for our first couples session. My MOH's father offered to be our officiant and I couldn't be happier about it! Saturday we are touring the venue and I'm going to ask to look at the invitation's again so I can try to match the STDs to our actual invite. Also meeting with the cake designer to talk about all of the cakes and see how expensive it's going to be. (I'm dreading this appointment)

I have the BM dresses narrowed down to 2 dresses so unless some awesome new dress comes into to David's Bridal-the decision has been made. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought my dress and veil last night! I'm so excited about it!!! There are pictures in my post a thread or two down for anyone interested. Other than that I have a few e-mails out looking for an officiant. Unfortunately the one we wanted to use has our date booked & of course it's the only day he's booked for next June :( I'm still waiting for the proposal from the caterer we'd like to use after he mistakenly priced an entree we'd like to offer higher than he said he would. I called my cousin and talked to her about having her son & daughter be our ring bearer & a junior bridesmaid and they're both really excited to be in the wedding. Lastly we've decided we're going to have our godmothers each do a reading during the ceremony now we just have to pick those readings. Wow I didn't think I had done this much, it's been a productive week!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Man, I feel like I'm slacking after reading everything you ladies have accomplished!!

I had some down time this weekend, so I took the time to paint the wooden letters I'm using to make a save the date banner/sign thingy for us to use in our engagement pictures (which are next month). I also made an appointment to meet with another DJ since I'm not totally sold on the first guy we met with. Lastly, I worked on our wedding app & website, which I'm pretty geeked about...our guests will be able to download a free app and access all of our wedding info from it, if they want to. Who knows if anyone will actually use it, but since it's not costing us anything, I figured what the heck, might as well do it.
  • I am going dress shopping this weekend. I will probably find the one but not sure if a purchase will be made or not?? I'm hoping everything goes well with my Mom being there because she is going through menopause and has crazy mood swings!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:dfe97ea0-d21e-4582-901f-1a9bdf312080Post:9ddeee61-e4be-4ac6-b193-2c45d149c3ed">Re: wedding wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Man, I feel like I'm slacking after reading everything you ladies have accomplished!! I had some down time this weekend, so I took the time to paint the wooden letters I'm using to make a save the date banner/sign thingy for us to use in our engagement pictures (which are next month). I also made an appointment to meet with another DJ since I'm not totally sold on the first guy we met with. Lastly, I worked on our wedding app & website, which I'm pretty geeked about...our guests will be<strong> able to download a free app and access all of our wedding info from it, if they want t</strong>o. Who knows if anyone will actually use it, but since it's not costing us anything, I figured what the heck, might as well do it.
    Posted by emilyb213[/QUOTE]

Emily that sounds pretty cool! Everyone I know and is involved in my wedding has an iphone.. is that something you found online or did you create it yourself?

As for wedding planning FI and I have most vendors booked. This week we decided we should read through the book that the priest gave us. FI came up with the idea to both read the book separate and write down the readings we like and compare. We also have to book our pre-cana classes.
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Kelly, I did it through a website called Appy Couple...you have to request an invite code, which has something to do with the fact that they're still in beta mode (although I didn't notice any issues with creating or using the app, once I downloaded it). It took about a week for the code to be emailed to me, but once you get it, you can create the app for free (I think once they get out of beta mode, they plan on charging to create the app). You also get a free wedding website, which I haven't gotten to yet. I thought it was cute, you get to customize it with a theme, add pictures, event info, etc., and it allows your guests to upload pics and post stuff as well.
  • Well, my father called me on monday and decided to through us a curveball.  He wants to add 10 people to the guest list (awesome... not)  But our venue is VERY space-limited, and at the moment we are counting on about 10 "no's" so it can be comfortable.  Well, good news is he is willing to shell out the extra $$ to pay for a tent that butts up right against the barn that can seat up to 8 more tables.  Awesome.

SO we are revamping our guest list to add those 10 people and then adding another 10 more for people we really wanted to be there but cut due to space.

In addition, Dad now wants to know what he is helping us with total (in addition to this tent) because he offered to pay for flowers.  So I think we are going to visit his friend, our florist, to work up a rough quote for him so he knows what to save for.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thanks Emily! I'm going to give it a try!
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for starting this for me this morning Sparkles. I've been a ball of crazy lately. I have't gotten much done wedding wide. Changed our colors, came with a fun and personal diy project for what we want "thrown" at us during our recessional. That's it. I probably wont get anything else done for another week or two. I have plans to go bridesmaids dress shopping again in two weeks, so I'll probably be on planning hiatus until then. I entirely too swamped with moving office at work to think about anything else. 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:dfe97ea0-d21e-4582-901f-1a9bdf312080Post:e73336c4-8d65-48ce-92da-b18d2adeada1">Re: wedding wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]One thing my mom and I did notice was that our planning was going REALLLLLLY smoothly.  Evyerone has been telling me that I should expect to be disappointed and not think I'm going to get my first choice of everything, but that is exactly what has been going on...  Everything I've fallen in love with we've been booking!  I hope I didn't just jinx myself, but I feel like everything is really falling into place and I love it!
    Posted by mrskaiser22[/QUOTE]

<div>I think we're date twins. My original date was 6/22/13, and I couldn't find anybody. once we switched the date to 6/29, everyone we wanted was available. I feel sorry for the next Detroit bride who chooses 6/29!</div><div>
    </div><div>My plans for the week include convincing FI to pay the damn videographer deposit. We've discussed it. We agreed on it. He just keeps putting it off. I've paid a the other deposits so far.</div><div>
    </div><div>I've been working on designing the invitations and STD's. I've got a ton of vintage fonts, and they're turning out really cute!</div><div>
    </div><div>My makeup lady has been bugging me to do a trial. I finally emailed her asking if she realized my wedding is next year. She called me, laughing hysterically. She thought it was this year. From now on, I'm putting "Saturday, 6/29/13" so maybe it will ring a few bells when they look at a calendar.</div>

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so trying the app thing too, that sounds awesome!  I just got back from some random retail therapy, and I found two big glass containers that would be perfect for my candy buffet, $9 each, a far cry from the $40 I've been seeing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sopraffina- I am a Detroit bride, my date is 6/22/13 and I really havent had trouble finding vendors, I had a somewhat hard time with a photographer. I am spending about $1000 more than initially planned, which is ok since I love my photographer. Other than that though, it has been smooth sailing.

I am currently emailing some DJs. Its so hard though who to schedule meetings with, because unlike photography, you really dont know how a DJs work is from their website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think we are finally putting down a deposit on catering today!  I loved him, he has great reviews, and his food was SO GOOD.  It didn't taste like typical wedding food!  So the only big concern was his price, since he was around $1000 more than the other places we looked at.  But I feel like you can't skimp on the food since it's such a big part of the day!  He is basically acting as the day of coordinator for me so I think it's worth the price!  I'm excited to finally get such a huge part of the wedding planning done!
  • I'm touring the venue that I love tomorrow with a BM since everyone else either has to work or has class at the time we are going. If I decide on it, I will post pictures :) ...or post pics either way lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thinking of adding another bridesmaid. Plus changing the dress color to black. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards