June 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Wednesday

Good morning lovlies! How did everyone's week go last week? Anything planned for this up coming week?

Over the weekend we had a bunch of friends up, all of whom happen to be in our wedding party. FI wanted to talk wedding stuff with them all weekend, haha. He's getting so excited. 

One of my bridesmaids who missed out last dress shopping excursion was over, so she and my MOH and I went to a local boutique on Saturday so she could try on dresses. That particular BM just had a baby and was concerned that the last dress all my BM's liked was a sheath style. That was also not at all what I originally wanted, so the three of us went shopping and we found the perfect bridesmaids dress!

It's exactly what I wanted. And since my MOH and that particular BM are the most self conscious of my five BM's and they both loved it and were comfortable in it, I know the other girls will be happy with it. All my BM's are super supportive. I could put them all in burlap potato sacks and they'd wear it with a smile if that's what I wanted, haha. 
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• Options
    Morning!! That's a really cute dress, and it's sweet that your fiance is excited and wants to talk wedding. :)

I didn't make any major strides this weekend, because I was too busy enjoying the sunshine and cookouts. We did use some of the time that we spent traveling to/from cookouts to go over more potential songs for the ceremony/reception.

We also got all of our pictures back from our engagement session late Monday night. 180 pictures, and my hair is only frizzy and weird looking in like 10 of them, so I'll take it. My hair is frizzy and weird looking pretty much all the time, and, well, Photoshop only goes so far.

I also made arrangements with my wholesale florist hookup to go and check out the two wholesalers in the area next month, so I can price flowers for the centerpieces and bouquets. Oh, and I picked up these cute little ceramic "LOVE" signs from Target's clearance stash, and I used the leftover paint from our save the date sign to paint them to match our colors. Hooray for random clearance bin craft projects!!
  • Options
    That dress is super cute! 

We didn't do much wedding stuff this week it was a lot of fixing up our apartment and getting our little porch together for cookout and summer. But we did book a photo booth on Tuesday! We're so excited and going to try to keep it a surprise but since I have issues keeping my mouth shut when I'm excited I don't think I'll last a year lol. Hopefully telling you ladies will be enough to keep me quiet. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Love the bridesmaid dress!

We didn't do too much over the weekend either, I caught some icky virus so I was in bed all day Sunday, and we had to reschdule our e-pictures because of that. :( We've started talking about the "final" guest list though, we have the approximate number, but we've never taken time to sit down and finalize the exact number, so we are starting to do it now. I guess we don't feel too pressured since our initial count was about 120, and we can go as low as 70 or as high as 200 in our venue, so even if something small changes it's not that big of a deal.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I haven't done much of anything wedding related in a while. We started really looking into bands and have sent out some emails for more information. We're slowly working on the final guestlist. That's been about it lately. Going dress shopping with my sister and best friend on 6/8. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Mrsk sorry about your FI's grandmother, sending good thoughts your way. And feel free to "steal" the idea. I can't wait to start gathering props for it and I REALLY hope I can keep my mouth shut! lol
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MrsK, so sorry for your loss!  I'm sure your FI is glad to have your support.

All I've done this week is work on getting email addresses to my MOH for our engagement party next month.  We've been engaged for months now, but she wanted to throw a pool party (at her home) and I'm all for letting her, so we had to wait for warmer weather.  I got the contract from our photographer, I just have to actually sign it and send a check, hopefully will get that done within the next few days and then we are on to DJ's!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Whew, nothing wedding for me lately.  I just started my internship (that will become my future job after my phd is done in a few years) annnnd I love it so far, but I have no time anymore.  It's a longer drive than school and I have no access to a computer until all the stuff clears through.

Again, totally unrelated but just letting everyone know why ive sorta disappeared lol
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    MrsK I'm sorry to hear about your FI's grandmother, my thoughts and prayers go out to you two and his family. Cnf I love the dress. I haven't gotten much done lately either. I did get a recommendation on a baker and found out through the grapevine that my grandfathers girlfriend wants to pay for our cake so that's awesome! I also plan on booking the photographer this week. I've decided not to go with FI's friend that will do it for free because I just don't like his style and I figured these are important pics so I better make sure I like them.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards