June 2013 Weddings

Aww moment

So FI and I just finalized our colors the other day, and I just found out that my grandparents had the exact shade of blue(peacock) at their wedding! I had only ever seen black and white pictures of it so I had no idea. My grandma is my best friend and although we are ridiculously similar, I never thought we would have the same wedding color 50 years later. :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Aww moment

• Aww that is super cute! Is your blue the teal-ish color in peacocks or the dark blue color of their bodies?? Congrats on having a color!! I keep changing my mind :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ktappa it took me 8 months to nail down my colors!  I knew I wanted yellow flowers and I went back and forth with the second color before finally settling on royal blue.  Consider colors that are easy to find across the board.  I was gonna do a green but it was too hard to find the shade I was looking for, and then trying to get matching linens or ribbon or whatever, super difficult so I just gave up on it lol.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_aww-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:e8e418fa-bf93-42a2-9e91-23e97067c160Post:43a9148d-8e99-4468-a91c-b713c2984c8c">Re: Aww moment</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww that is super cute! Is your blue the teal-ish color in peacocks or the dark blue color of their bodies?? Congrats on having a color!! I keep changing my mind :/
    Posted by ktappa[/QUOTE]

<div>It's the darker blue, we paired it up with a shade of gold to go with the venue. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI and I still havent officially finalized our colors either. We are thinking of pink and green, just not sure what shades. That is so awesome that you are using the same colors as your grandparents!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards