June 2013 Weddings

Advice???

For those of you who don't know, this is my second marriage. I have 5 kids from my previous marriage of almost 13 years. A close friend of my ex FIL helped raise my ex and his brothers. She and her girlfriend have been a HUGE part of my nieces and nephews lives (my sis and I married brothers) and a HUGE part of my kids lives. I have seen them since the divorce and they have even met FI before he propsed. So.. my question is.. would it be rude or in poor taste to invite them to the wedding?? I'm inviting my ex BIL (my ex's other bro) and SIL and their adult daughter. I love them both and they are so wonderful. I just don't know if there is some invisible line there that I shouldn't cross.
Does this make sense??

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Advice???

• I'm in my second marriage, too. My first marriage lasted about 8 years and gave me my first-born son. It also produced a lot of friends, some of which were his family and some not. When my current husband and I were planning our wedding (before things got nuts and we decided to elope!), there were a few people from my ex's family I was going to invite because they were still a part of our lives and had become as much "friend" as "family".

My advice is to invite them but be understanding if they decline due to the family connection. I think they would appreciate the invite either way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I think Julie hit the nail on the head. Invite them, but don't take it personally if they decline.
  • Agreed.  I'm on marriage #3 and I'm probably going to invite my ex-inlaws from marriage #1.  Crazy, LOL.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards