February 2014 Weddings

Winter deals (or lack thereof)

Quick question for you all.  One of the many reasons I decided to do a winter wedding was because I was told that there were lots of deals for getting married in the off-season.  But so far, the only deal I've found was my photographer - the venues and my caterer offered me nothing for off-season discounts.  Has anyone else been having any luck with such things? 

Re: Winter deals (or lack thereof)

• Well for Barbados everything will be in Peak Season in February which means higher prices than the rest of the year.  So I'm not much help there, most venues won't discount their prices during the winter though, my family's business is also used as a venue for weddings, parties and conferences.  We don't discount at any time through out the year, just because it isn't wedding season doesn't mean that we don't book other parties there.  Same for caterers, there is usually enough business to keep them busy enough to keep from discounting prices.  Most often than not businesses only do this to encourage people to use them, not to be nice.

On the other hand services like photographers and seamstresses will discount prices and groupon has had several wedding deals lately.

• Oh, shoot, I should have been on groupon! 
    I never really thought about it, but I guess winter would be the high season for DW.  Everyone I know that has done a DW has done it in the spring or fall though, so I thought it would be the off-season in the winter even at the resorts. 

• I wanted to go between May-September, huge price difference.  But this is the time of the year that my parents Winery is slow sooooo.... we choose February to accomadate them. 

Be sure to ask everyone that you are signing a contract with if they have any type of winter deals, most of the time a place won't say they do if not asked.

Also get on Groupon and living social, plenty of deals still going on.  I ordered STD and wedding invitations from Vistaprint two years ago when we were planning our "original" wedding and got almost everything for $50.00 with groupon.

• I'm not worried about deals. We picked a race weekend for our wedding because I'm an endurance Junky. I'll be running the DPH the day before my wedding , and a 5k the day before that. My fiance's idea run the nerves out :D.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Actually, I have been finding a lot of winter deals; most of the venues I looked at had them, and we are getting a really good deal on the place that we ended up booking with.  It could depend on where you live though, I'm in Cleveland where the weather is pretty much guarunteed to be cold December - February.  On the other hand, it seems like winter honeymoons are more expensive since you pretty much have to leave the country (or do south Florida which can be just as expensive).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards